We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our rapidly growing monetization team. More than 75% of U.S. neighborhoods now rely on Nextdoor, the private social network for neighborhoods. We’ve launched a suite of products for businesses to connect with our members, including a native advertising platform for brands, retailers, and local businesses to promote their products and services.
In this role, you’ll be the founding member of our measurement team. Your research will be essential to brands and businesses who want to understand the efficacy of advertising on our platform. It will guide the improvement of our existing native ad product and inform the development of new products for businesses. You’ll establish the measurement strategy and practices that will lay the groundwork for this cross-functional team.
- Partner with sales, product, and engineering to build a roadmap of measurement solutions to help brands understand the value they get from advertising on Nextdoor
- Create a measurement strategy that informs data collection, reporting, key insights identification, and communication of results
- Conduct experiments using proprietary measurement solutions and industry partners
- Analyze experiment results, draw conclusions from the data, and package into summaries for internal audiences and clients
- 7+ years of leadership experience applying data science to advertising or marketing
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- All around expert in relational databases, query languages, and manipulating data in scripts or statistical tools
- Strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Experience executing Brand Lift and Direct Response studies
- Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse internal teams, from sales and marketing to product and engineering
- Effective communicator with a range of internal and external audiences along the spectrum of technical to non-technical
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and candy
- Vibrant downtown San Francisco location
- The option of an adjustable standing desk
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
MBA Summer Associate - Supply Chain Analytics
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Qualtrics , Provo
Accounting Manager, Consolidations & Reporting
Oscar, New York
VP, Government Affairs
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Manager, EU Public Policy
Netflix, Brussels, Belgium