Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community? Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play a meaningful role in shaping its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
We're looking for an experienced product-focused engineer to join our team. In this role, you will apply text mining, NLP and machine learning technology to the applied problem of building a private, local community-based social media platform.
This person will bring a background of sophisticated machine learning experience to drive personalization and recommendation abilities as we grow. If you love extracting big meaning out of nebulous data, optimizing on algorithms and optimizing again, and want to take your grand, big company experiences to a team in pursuit of a great mission – this is the job for you!
- Apply techniques from a variety of fields such as Machine Learning, NLP, Information Retrieval and Search etc. to a variety of relevance and modeling problems involving members, neighborhoods, neighbor relationships and behavior, neighbor interests and their location-based activities.
- Deploy and improve performance of your machine-learned models in production
- Strategize and design the use of aggregate and user-level data to create an optimized user experience
- Analyze unstructured text and extract relevant entities to aid in categorization and personalization of content
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related field
- 1+ years working hands-on with any of the following technologies: machine learning, information retrieval, NLP, artificial intelligence or social media analysis
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Meaningful equity for all employees
- Pre Tax Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday-Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Shiny Apple products on your first day
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.