Nextdoor.com is a rapidly growing social network based in San Francisco and backed by Silicon Valley’s leading investors. Our mission is to bring back a sense of community to the neighbourhood, one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Through our site neighbours can share information and recommendations with each other in a private setting. Our platform also allows government agencies and emergency response departments to communicate directly with residents when urgent crime and safety issues arise. Over 50% of all neighbourhoods in the UK already use Nextdoor to communicate about important local issues.
We are seeking a PR expert to join our team as our Communications Manager in the UK. This role will be based in London, and will report directly to our Country Manager.
The Senior Communications Manager will lead strategic and day-to-day responsibilities for various internal and external communications activities at Nextdoor. In this role, the Senior Communications Manager will enhance and protect the reputation of Nextdoor, including driving awareness of current features and product use cases. This role has a heavy emphasis on working with tech & business journalists, therefore having existing relationships with media is critical.
- Play a leading role in managing the planning, development, implementation and execution of the public relations and communications programs
- Serve as a media liaison for Nextdoor and lead or assist on the development of news announcements, written statements, media/customer talking points and Q&As for product and service offerings, topical and ongoing PR campaigns, partnerships, etc.
- Coordinate public relations support for various special events and conferences.
- Work directly with engineering and product teams to amplify product launches.
- Provide PR guidance and recommendations to Nextdoor executives, peers and partners.
- Respond to and mitigate negative press; act as direct company spokesperson as needed.
- Collaborate with larger communications team on product launch/corporate communications strategy.
- Work closely with the other members of the communications team to elevate Nextdoor success for national and local media.
- Professional with 5+ years communications/PR experience
- Held roles with an in-house tech company setting and/or an agency setting (both preferred)
- University degree in journalism, communications or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience with and passion for growing and promoting tech brands with a deep understanding of the tech industry landscape
- Significant experience with local and hyperlocal media placements preferred
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing and executing in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail
- Analytical problem-solver with exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Deep knowledge and existing relationships with business and tech media
- Proven track record of developing and pitching stories to consumer, business and trade media with strong placement track record.
- Previous experience working on consumer Internet-related subject matter and utilizing user experiences to generate press results
- Crisis communications experience
- Ability to think and communicate strategically with larger communications team
- Willingness to partner with Country Manager to execute marketing and customer acquisition campaigns
- Team player with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
The Sourcery, Coyuchi
Customer Advocacy Manager
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Degree Marketing Manager
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Global Payroll Supervisor
Twilio, Dublin, Ireland
Jr. Data Analyst
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Director, Marketing - Independent Wealth Management
Addepar, New York, NY