Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community? Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play a meaningful role in shaping its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
Nextdoor is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Data/Analytics team. This small, nimble org is critical to the success and stability of Nextdoor’s highly privatized and distributed system. In this role, you’ll be part of the team responsible for building and scaling our data infrastructure that will be the foundation of analytics and science around our unique data set. As a senior member of our technical team, you’ll directly contribute to the systems architecture, contribute to the ongoing reliability and efficiency efforts of our team, and will help lead us to the future of data infrastructure at Nextdoor.
To be successful in this role, you should have a real passion for building great infrastructure, a desire to work with cloud computing and a dedication to building data pipelines that both efficiently and effectively inform product development.
- Design, develop, and maintain our data platform, supporting existing features and delivering new enhancements that improve scalability, ease of use, and functionality
- Empower data scientists, analysts, and engineers to leverage data systems to deliver exceptional product experiences through documentation, training, and knowledge sharing
- Improve the operational efficiency and ease of maintenance of the data platform
- BS/MS in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, etc
- 5+ years of applied data experience
- Advanced skills in a scripting language such as Python/Java/Scala
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Data warehousing architecture and data modeling standard methodologies, including performance tuning techniques
- Exposure to one or more ETL tools and a deep understanding of ETL pipelines, including functional testing and data source alerting
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud technologies
- Have a deep understanding of Hive/Presto, MPP Databases
- Familiarity with streaming data processing via Spark or Scalding a plus
- Passion for Nextdoor’s mission
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and candy
- Downtown San Francisco office
- The option of an adjustable standing desk
- Shiny Apple products and a free smartphone on your start date
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, AI Lab
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Senior Analytics Engineer, Growth and Marketing
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Data Science Intern - Summer 2018
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654 ste 775
Retail Business Analyst
Teads, New York, New York
Technical Solution Consultant
Zuora, New York