Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community? Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play a meaningful role in crafting its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help us manifest our mission to unite communities into an engaging, high-quality experience for our mobile users.
- Work with a group of talented mobile engineers to build out the robust, performant, and scalable foundation of our consumer-facing iOS app for product feature teams. This includes promoting iOS architecture standard methodologies, understanding innards of the platform capabilities, and incorporating the latest tool chains.
- Work with engineers on feature teams to mentor and guide them on iOS platform specific issues
- Contribute to core product features along with product managers and designers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- Deep experience with iOS platform and SDK
- Swift experience and deep understanding of Objective-C are highly desired
- Track record of shipping non-trivial consumer facing iOS applications
- Strong understanding of mobile development and engineering best practice.
- Extensive knowledge of testing best practices including unit and integration testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools
- Strong collaboration and communication skills both verbal and written
- An ability to be flexible and adaptable in a face-paced start-up environment
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Meaningful equity for all employees
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Shiny Apple products on your first day
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
★ Backend Engineer
IT Operations Director
Doctolib, Paris, France
Project Manager, Professional Services
MongoDB, New York City
Senior Product Manager
Resultados Digitais, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Mendix Developer (m/f)
HelloFresh, Berlin; London; Amsterdam
Software Engineer, Front End
Medallia, Tel Aviv, Israel