Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community? Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play a meaningful role in crafting its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
We’re looking for a full-stack product engineer to help us manifest this mission into an engaging, high-quality experience for our web users. You’ll be working with a group of talented and technical product managers, engineers and designers to bring features from concept to reality in a useful and performant way. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, experienced team and take on a significant role in our company's development.
- Full-stack web application development using Python/Django on the server side and React on the client side
- Build products that are performant, scalable and delightful for our members
- Strong product sense and consumer empathy
- Work in cross-functional, agile teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in at least one server-side web application language. Python or Go experience is a huge plus.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic startup environment.
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems.
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Meaningful equity for all employees
- Pre Tax Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, and candy
- Vibrant downtown San Francisco location
- Shiny Apple products on your first day
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.