Are you passionate about using the power of technology to build community? Do you believe residents can strengthen their neighborhoods through dialog and collaboration? Would you like to join a transformative company and play a meaningful role in crafting its future? If so, we’d love to meet you.
If you describe yourself as “reactionary,” this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you love to explore the capabilities and constraints of new technologies, find the “right tool for the job,” and have a knack for identifying the root of potential problems long before they actually impact development, then we want to meet you.
The Systems team at Nextdoor is responsible for seeing and building the future of our infrastructure. This team pays close attention to how we build, what we build and things that stand in the way of us properly building and scaling the Nextdoor platform. In this role you’ll be part of the team that helps Nextdoor stay ahead of the curve: you’ll build tools and automation that aid in programmer productivity and you’ll also be responsible for the research behind our development process. Sound interesting?
- 3-4+ years industry experience; BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science (or another related field) is preferred
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit and experience as a self-starter - ideally at your own business or on your own side projects
- Experience working on high-performance technical teams and software engineering projects
- Strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following languages: Go, Python, Java or C++ (Go/Python preferred)
- Experience designing, building and debugging distributed systems
- Experience architecting and deploying distributed systems on the Amazon AWS EC2 platform
- Familiarity with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g., design patterns, peer code reviews, unit testing)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience writing technical specifications and design documents
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Meaningful equity for all employees
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Shiny Apple products on your first day
To learn more, check out our engineering blog at https://engblog.nextdoor.com.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Back End Software Engineer, Home
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineering Manager
Okta, San Jose, CA / San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack/Java
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Senior Web Developer
Aptoide, Lisbon, Portugal
Okta, Sydney, Australia
Yelp, San Francisco, CA