Nextdoor empowers neighbors to build stronger communities. We bring neighbors, businesses, and other community members closer together across the globe.
The team is looking for a Product Manager to lead Community Health who is passionate about bringing neighborhoods online and deepening Nextdoor’s impact within communities. You will lead a team across engineering, design, operations, data science, and marketing to envision and execute on strategies to strengthen the bonds within communities.
Robert Putnam’s “Bowling Alone” warned us of the trend of Americans becoming isolated from one another. He writes about how social institutions in our communities, such as the PTA or church, have been devastated. Today, one-third of people say they don’t know any of their neighbors by name. The Community team will be responsible for bringing the best of neighborhoods online, including setting the vision for identity, social roles and norms, and online and offline member engagement.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity and analytical rigor with a curiosity for sociology, anthropology, and psychology and deep empathy for our community. We’re looking for neighbors who are passionate about advocating on behalf of members, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
- Lead the design, launch, and ongoing ownership of new products and features.
- Create an inspiring vision for Nextdoor communities and drive alignment around priorities.
- Define the right metrics to inform the success and direction of product development.
- Advocate for members by integrating qualitative field research in the US and abroad alongside quantitative analysis into the product roadmap.
- Challenge all members of cross-functional team and then funnel that energy into the product roadmap and execution.
- Evangelize the Nextdoor mission of using technology to build stronger, safer neighborhoods, and effectively release world-class products that grow and improve the Nextdoor platform.
- Demonstrated experience delivering several successful and innovative products.
- Customer obsession. Ability to connect deeply with many different socio-economic, geographic, and community groups, as well as drive clarity and consensus across complex problems by putting the customer first. Deep passion for building communities, both online or offline.
- Excellent communicator. Can lead from the front or from behind when motivating a team.
- Structured, systems-level thinker. Superpower around processing and synthesizing large amounts of information in order to get to the right solution. Demonstrated ability to think at a systems level and capacity to strike a balance between short-term optimizations vs. long-term product vision.
- Intellectual horsepower and analytical rigor. Find how to get the data you need and create actionable insights. Equally comfortable with qualitative studies and quantitative analysis.
- Bias for action. Can to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency.
- Previous experience in the social networking space or developing social products/technologies/platforms is a plus.
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Free catered dinners Monday through Thursday and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Monthly gym stipend
- One time cell phone & headphone stipend
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Two paid volunteer days off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks and candy
- La Marzocco espresso machine with Blue Bottle coffee
- Health FSA
- 401K plan
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director Product Management - Core Kafka
Confluent, Palo Alto, CA OR San Francisco, CA
Data Scientist, Models and Algorithms
Gusto, San Francisco
iOS Mobile Developer
Aptos, Mexico - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Senior Manager, User Acquisition
Accuweather, State College, PA, New York, NY
Programmatic Sales Specialist/Strategist
Mozilla, San Francisco, New York City
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.