Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbours and your community. Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbours work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Nextdoor’s Sales team partners with national brands to connect them with our hyper-local community of neighbours across the Netherlands through our native advertising product, Sponsored Posts. You will develop and build a pipeline and drive new business through the full sales cycle (from prospecting to closing).
To succeed in this role, you will need a deep understanding of brand storytelling, experience with social and native advertising, and an extensive network of contacts at NL media agencies and clients-direct. You are ambitious and thrive in a startup environment, with a demonstrated ability to build detailed sales and revenue generation plans, while also being able to roll up your sleeves and execute tactically. If this sounds like you, come join our 'hood!
- Develop integrated brand campaigns that clearly achieve brand objectives, while staying true to the Nextdoor brand and community.
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue quotas.
- Effectively manage client expectations and work with ad operations team to ensure successful campaign performance and client retention.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to internal marketing, product and engineering teams to drive product innovation.
- Aggressively pursue new prospects and sales opportunities. Be a hunter.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers across national businesses and agency partners.
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast new business revenue.
- As we build out our European presence, you maybe required to work with agencies across the EU and this may require travel to key cities to prospect and close business.
- 6+ years of experience in digital advertising sales.
- A history of securing new business partners.
- Experience with Salesforce and prospecting tools (e.g., LinkedIn, WINMO).
- Advanced sales, communication, and presentation skills.
- Deep understanding and experience with social and native advertising.
- Successful track record of developing strategic relationships with marketers and brands, with an active client list of large national and regional brands, direct or via media agencies.
- Solid understanding of Programmatic Advertising.
- Experience of working with Agency Trading Desks with active contacts there.
- Strong understanding of branding, brand storytelling and marketing campaigns aimed at brand awareness and brand perception.
- Established relationships with top marketing decision-makers at leading brands and advertising agencies, selling digital advertising and content marketing.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Competitive package with share options
- Gym membership allowance
- Free team lunches on a weekly basis
- Casual, open office environment
- Central Amsterdam location
- Committed, passionate and fun team
- The option of an adjustable standing desk
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.