Nextdoor is a rapidly growing social network based in San Francisco and backed by Silicon Valley’s leading investors. Our mission is to bring back a sense of community to the neighborhood, one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Nextdoor is used by millions of members in over 159,000 neighborhoods in the US. Since 2016, we successfully launched Nextdoor in the Netherlands, UK, Germany and France.
Through our service, neighbors can share information and recommendations with each other in a private setting. Our platform also allows government agencies and emergency response departments to communicate directly with residents when urgent crime and safety issues arise.
For our activities in Italy we are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager.
As the Marketing Communications Manager, you are responsible for all our at-scale programs to grow our member base, as well as for all communications with our existing members, neighborhood leads as well as stakeholders and press.
This position is Amsterdam-based and you will be a member of our international team.
- Development and management of growth marketing campaigns across channels
- Identify additional growth marketing opportunities through analysis and test hypothesis
- Execute a/b tests and consumer research
- Help build and strengthen our community of neighborhood leads through our online platforms and through direct communications
- Continuously improve our communications with our members and community leads
- Constantly seeking out newsworthy stories within our neighbourhood communities and creating articles and content that journalists want to publish and customers want to share
- Identify potential partnerships that drive membership growth and initiate relationships
- Develop marketing efforts that help increase the visibility and awareness of Nextdoor products with governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Generating and translating website, app, print, social media, email content that reflects our brand positioning and communication objectives
- Support with positioning and messaging by providing cultural insights and conducting quick user testing
- Quality assurance across all our Italian platforms, including extensive product testing
- Uncover future product and market needs for product and management teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated success in a marketing or communications organization, preferably in a technology company
- Excellent analytical skills and data management expertise, preferably including writing SQL queries
- Experience developing and implementing hard working communications campaigns in a fast paced organisation
- Experience with designing and executing A/B product tests or performance-based marketing tests
- Deep understanding of consumer behaviour
- Exceptional creative and persuasive copywriting skills for online and offline marketing campaigns
- A strong understanding of social media and online & offline PR - and mechanisms that generate maximum exposure through various media channels
- Strong knowledge of the Italian media landscape, preferably with existing relationships with media
- The spokesperson skills to ignite passion and serve as the company’s representative at events and with media
- User focussed and community minded
- Native Italian and English communication skills (oral and written)
- Lived in Italy for an extended period
- Polished presence; proven ability to present confidently and develop relationships with executives
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- Contribute to growth in the early scale-up stages and international expansion of a promising San Francisco based tech company
- Work in the vibrant Spaces offices in the city center of Amsterdam and get inspired by other startups around us, join regular community events, listen to interesting guest speakers and enjoy excellent coffee
- Become the fifth member of the ambitious rockstar team in Amsterdam
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strategist, Marketing Solutions
Refinery29, Los Angeles
Manager, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Allbirds, Allbirds HQ
Email Marketing Specialist
Manager, Account Management
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Senior SW Development Engineer in Test of Cloud
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA