Finance & Strategy Manager, Product Finance - Local Ecosystem
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
We are for neighbors.
Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for you, your neighbors and the broader local community. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of community. As the People Team at Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of a healthy, happy and engaged employee population. We are a lean but powerful team, each of us with a diverse opinion and perspective, because that’s what we seek out and respect in others. Nextdoor is on a mission to take online connections and turn them into real life connections. And as the People Team at Nextdoor, we’re on a mission to foster a strong and healthy community here at Nextdoor
The Impact You’ll Make
Nextdoor is building its Finance & Strategy team, and we are looking for a Product Finance Manager who will work with product leaders to establish Nextdoor as the platform for businesses to participate in their local communities. Our vision of a thriving business ecosystem is members and businesses connecting over relevant local issues, a fluid exchange of useful information, goods, and services, combined with trusted recommendations that neighbors rely on to make good decisions.
You are right for this role if you are passionate about creating value through insightful analysis that drives business decisions. You enjoy building strong cross-functional relationships to help the company understand how all the pieces fit together and drive performance. You see the bigger picture, excel at juggling multiple priorities and consistently go above and beyond. You also exhibit a high attention to detail and with strong analytical skills. This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the Head of Finance & Strategy.
This role will play an integral part in Nextdoor’s success. You will:
- Act as the primary Finance Business Partner (FBP) to the senior leaders driving Nextdoor’s local ecosystem strategy, including our Neighborhood Sponsorships, Local Deals and Local Search products
- Apply an analytical approach to support strategic decisions, including projects on customer behavior analysis and economics, LTV / ROI of marketing efforts, product/competitive landscape benchmarking, and other data-driven analysis
- Create analyses that facilitates clear and timely decision making, actively mining data from our databases predict short-term and long-term trends
- Evaluate business performance; report and analyze the performance; identify any risks or opportunities associated with reported financial data
- Regularly partner with business functions (e.g. Accounting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing, and others) to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Prepare analysis and support communication to product leaders, board members and executive team
- Lead the financial planning process for key product and business teams; including building/maintaining operating and financial models, managing investment budgets for teams to ensure they have resource allocations to invest properly behind key initiative
What You’ll Bring to The House
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another relevant field
- 5 to 8 years of relevant industry experience, including in prior product finance roles and roles requiring rigorous financial modeling (e.g. investment banking, investing, finance at high-growth companies)
- Understanding of the social media, digital advertising or consumer internet industries
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly analytical and inquisitive work style with a keen attention to detail – but also ability to see the big picture
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A strong passion for Nextdoor’s mission
- Experience with data visualization software is a plus
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.