Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of community. As the Marketing team, we are responsible for communicating our brand in a way that demonstrates its value and is clear and differentiated, and inspires our neighbors and organizations about what’s possible. We feel responsibility for the neighbor and organization experience and partner across the company to continuously drive improvement. We are a lean but powerful team, each of us with a diverse opinion and perspective, because that’s what we seek out and respect in others. Nextdoor is on a mission to take online connections and turn them into real life connections. As a senior leader of the marketing team, you can help drive that reality.
The Impact You’ll Make
We are looking for a Head of Consumer Product Marketing to bring our neighbor-focused products and services to global markets. This person will be an important touchpoint to our neighbors around the world, and leading, defining, and driving execution of our go-to-market efforts in close collaboration with our Marketing, Product and Global Expansion teams. The ideal candidate will have a track record of forward-thinking product vision that meets consumers' needs with proven success in product adoption, and either has experience with or is looking for that next step in building and growing an incredibly talented team.
Key Responsibilities of the Role Are:
- Define and deliver our overarching neighbor-facing product narrative (value proposition, positioning and differentiation messaging) and creative into global markets to build awareness and drive adoption and engagement. Ensure that internal stakeholders also understand Nextdoor’s positioning and differentiation in the market
- Drive alignment with leadership and stakeholder partners to develop execution strategies and coordinate cross-functional resources to execute on those plans
- Lead successful product launches and feature releases across multiple channels. Deliver business positive results
- Create compelling content collateral with strong storytelling that span landing pages, social, videos, infographics, blog posts, and more
- Conduct neighbor and market research and competitive analysis to make recommendations on segmentation and targeting strategies and to influence the product roadmap
- Build data-backed measurable KPIs for all product marketing plans. Monitor and present plan effectiveness metrics to leadership and stakeholder teams
- Continuously implement process and operational improvements
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- 8+ years experience in a product marketing capacity, preferably in B2C environments
- Proven track record of success with creating, driving and managing go-to-market plans across all channels
- Creative and thoughtful with stellar communication and storytelling skills. Ability to deliver succinct, impactful messaging tailored to specific audiences
- Strong data and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Navigate a fast-paced and often changing environment with incomplete information
- Highly collaborative with a knack for building and maturing key relationships
- A self-starter who gets things done
- Organized and detail oriented
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid