Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
The Developer Experience team owns the overall ecosystem that drives product development and innovation at Nextdoor. From our high-scale CI/CD pipelines (we deploy code to production roughly 12 times a day) to our local development environments and tooling, we work on the things that enable our engineering teams to go fast. We are obsessed with improving the developer experience at Nextdoor, working closely with engineering teams across the company to look for development bottlenecks, or tooling we can build to improve our workflows.
The Impact You’ll Make
As a build and release engineer on the Developer Experience team, you will help us scale our CI/CD pipeline to handle dozens of releases a day, and continuously improve the jobs in our CI/CD pipeline, optimizing these jobs for speed, observability, and reliability.
This means you will:
- Be one of the key contributors to the architectural vision of the next generation of our CI/CD pipeline, which will allow us to deploy dozens of times per day, across multiple infrastructure regions
- Help generate our short and long term build & release roadmap, to make sure we can help our developers go fast as the company continues to grow
- Work with our internal customers to understand the challenges unique to our tech stack, and collaborate on developing solutions
- Dive deep into the internals of our existing CI/CD pipelines to look for inefficiencies, and identify opportunities to improve their structure and performance
- Design innovative, generic solutions for building and releasing our products and its dependencies, which can be reused across a variety of use cases throughout the engineering organization
- Keep up to date on the rapidly changing landscape of open-source tools and third-party platforms used for build & release, and help drive major decisions around the future architecture of our CI/CD pipelines at Nextdoor
What You’ll Bring to The House
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of engineering experience in build & release
- 2+ years of experience working with Docker or Kubernetes, and deploying applications to cloud-based infrastructure using ECS or EKS
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines using CircleCI, or similar
- Familiarity with industry best practices, and common third party tools used for build and release
- A high degree of empathy for developers you support
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.