Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 275,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we are committed to our mission of creating the neighborhood hub for local communities. The teams within our Member Experience pillar focus on creating the core experiences that drive user growth and engagement. Our Growth team is responsible for bringing new users to the platform and making sure they get value from Nextdoor on each of their visits so that they keep coming back. The team is looking for a data-informed, innovative leader who is excited to help build up the team and deliver impactful experiences by experimenting and learning quickly.
The Impact You’ll Make
As an Engineering Manager on the Growth team, you will be helping to build and lead a team of engineers who are motivated by finding new ways to help expand our international member base. In this role you will focus on understanding challenges and new opportunities to bring new members onto the platform and getting them to their first magic moment on Nextdoor. You will also ensure that our existing user base is able to easily come back to the platform and can be reactivated when they come back. Finally, you'll be involved in helping Nextdoor continue to expand into new international markets.
Some of the impact you will make will focus on:
- Facilitate collaboration across functional teams such as product, design, engineering, data science
- Ensure project health and progress using project management tools such as Jira
- Ensure quality and timeliness of shipped software
- Provide technical guidance at the architecture and product level
- Recruit, build, coach and mentor, reinforcing engineering excellence
- Promote a culture of feedback and transparent communication
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- 2+ years of people management, leading technical product teams including fullstack, frontend, backend, and/or mobile
- Technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions
- Can drive a strong sense of ownership across the team and motivate the team celebrating wins and learning from experiments
- Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- A collaborative, thoughtful and strategic leader, who is comfortable with open communication and giving/receiving constructive feedback respectfully
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders, Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and User Researchers
- Experience working on growth or other data-driven engineering teams.
- Experience expanding products internationally
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.