Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 290,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
As a Lead, IT at Nextdoor, You” ll be responsible for managing Corporate IT functions such as Audio/Video, network, Identity Access Management, Endpoint protection, collaboration tools, and Helpdesk. You will be Collaborating with Information Security, Platform Infrastructure, People team, Finance and Facilities on various initiatives. You will play a critical role in building the roadmap and strategy as we expand our global employee base to build the in-person and virtual employee experience.
The Impact You’ll Make
You want the challenge of fast-paced growth, the satisfaction of working on the most impactful people transformation initiatives, and the pride in helping to scale. Please include a link to your portfolio in addition to your resume and cover letter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and guiding a successful IT practice and providing opportunities for team members to grow and prosper
- Collaborating with partners across engineering, information security and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments
- Responsible for overall IT process development, documentation & oversight including users, vendors & company onboarding (provisioning), off-boarding (deprovisioning), and end-user support
- Oversee IT systems, policies, and processes in alignment with SOX compliance including the implementation and monitoring of IT general controls
- Establishes strong vendor relationships and oversees negotiation and administration of vendors, consultants, and service agreements
- Responsible for developing and managing the IT security program in coordination with the Head of Information Security
- Communicate regularly on program/project plans, progress, blockers, and risks to cross-functional stakeholders, sponsors, and Vendors
- Constantly review the ever changing Hybrid workforce and implement the strategies to improve employee experience
- Responsible for IT logistics, hardware upgrades and fleet management
- Responsible for Audio/Video maintenance, new office setups and office upgrades
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field required
- 10+ years with progressive leadership in IT function with oversight of budgets, services, and internal / external resources
- Demonstrated experience in delivering technology solutions for endpoints covering the full end-to-end lifecycle across Large Enterprises at scale
- Strong understanding and experience developing and deploying Collaboration solutions, Video and Event technology capabilities meeting the needs of today’s Hybrid workforce
- Established experience in IT Service Management including Global IT ServiceDesk and Onsite Support
- Overall understanding of IT Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and data privacy, and how to balance the requirements with employee productivity objectives
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.