Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighbourhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighbourhood they can rely on.
Neighbours around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbours, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbours rely on Nextdoor in more than 275,000 neighbourhoods across 11 countries.
Meet your Future Neighbours
Nextdoor connects neighbours with each other and everything nearby. We help brands drive measurable outcomes by creating meaningful connections with a uniquely engaged, influential audience. Brands turn to Nextdoor to:
- Reach real neighbours based on their interests and location
- Engage neighbours when and where it matters most
- Convert more neighbours into customers
Brands are essential for building strong, vibrant neighbourhoods. On Nextdoor, brands can connect to a uniquely engaged audience where they live, work, and play.
The Impact You’ll Make
This position is responsible for Nextdoor’s EMEA (UK, NL, FR, IT, ES, etc.) advertising sales strategy and market expansion while directing a team of high-performing Enterprise, Mid-Market, and New Business leaders and Account Executives, reporting to the Global Head of Advertising Sales. This role owns leading Nextdoor’s EMEA advertising go-to-market and growth plan, both in markets where Nextdoor is already offering advertising solutions and advising on when/how to launch in new markets.
This is a regional, industry, and client-facing role where you will have strong client direct and agency relationships across the EMEA region. You will have a deep understanding of the advertising ecosystem and a strategy to accelerate EMEA growth in the next year and beyond. You will play a critical role in our international expansion plans and will be the voice of our customers to internal partners.
As the EMEA leader, you will be responsible for leading your sales team in identifying, acquiring, retaining, and accelerating the performance of Nextdoor’s highest potential advertising customers. You will leverage your career sales expertise to unlock strategic, large scale customer acquisitions and you will use your deep sales and sales coaching experience to recruit, hire, and support the development of our Sales Managers and Account Executives.
You will be partnering closely with the Global leadership team, Product Marketing, Product, Ad Solutions, Data Science, Partnerships, Sales Enablement, and Sales Strategy to ensure Nextdoor’s product and advertising solutions drive demand and retention, building a sustainable and high-growth business. As the EMEA leader, you will partner with Revenue Operations and Finance, owning the region’s ad sales monetization strategy and creating business cases for further investment.
You will create clarity, generate energy, and deliver success as a leader of this global ad sales team. You will model, coach, and care for your team with kindness while - empowering and enabling your Sales Managers to manage the day-to-day team execution while leading and facilitating the execution of strategic initiatives.
Your Responsibilities will include
Team & Talent Management
- Manage a highly motivated EMEA ad sales team that will help acquire, grow, and retain Nextdoor’s EMEA advertisers, building a high growth global business
- Realize success through team empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and providing kind and constructive feedback
- Live Nextdoor’s culture, embodying our values
- Coach by defining clear expectations, objectives, and outcomes, providing always-on feedback
- Attract, recruit, and retain high-performing EMEA sales leaders and account executives
- Invest in inclusion and belonging by building diverse teams
- Partners closely with Global leads driving Nextdoor’s international expansion strategy. Collaborates with internal partners to recommend and execute market expansion strategies
- Analyzes industry trends, revenue growth, supply/yield, marketing levers, and product solutions across segments and markets and translates to strategic opportunities to drive revenue
- Partners with Leadership, Ad Solutions, Product, Revenue Operations, and Finance to optimize yield, and track forecasting trends
- Owns business planning, reporting, and market updates to CFO documents (e.g., board updates, weekly business updates, investor relations, etc.)
- Defines in quarter, half-yearly, and annual expectations and OKRs to guide the EMEA ad sales strategy, the development of customer acquisition and retention strategies, and to ensure alignment with global ad sales and product priorities
- Communicates OKRs and dependencies to key stakeholders, securing partner team commitments to drive business outcomes
- Clearly articulates current and anticipated sales and customer support needs to enable troubleshooting and mitigate revenue, delivery, and utilization blockers and/or sales team blockers
Drive Revenue Growth with a relentless focus on Customer Value
- Actively maintains and leverages a comprehensive understanding of customer business needs, strategies, and priorities across the EMEA region and industries the sales team calls on
- Defines and drives country-level and customer go-to-market strategies aimed at driving advertiser acquisition, retention, and growth
- Leverages Voice of Customer, regularly communicating customer (dis)satisfaction and advises internal partner teams on best practices for resolving product or service challenges with an emphasis on EMEA specific requirements
- Empowers teams to define strategies, objectives, and account planning across the customer set, clearly articulating expectations and priorities
- Partners with Compensation and Finance to define and communicate sales incentives required to drive revenue growth
- Drives the development and implementation of scalable sales strategies. Holds teams accountable for optimally leveraging narrative/storytelling strategies, ensuring proposals highlight Nextdoor’s solutions to drive customer value
- Drives growth by sharing best practices and leveraging expertise across teams to identify and act on new opportunities
Nextdoor industry thought leader and trusted advisor
- Externally: Represents Nextdoor in the EMEA digital advertising ecosystem, as a thought leader and go-to advisor
- Internally: Leverages executive presence to define and communicate priorities, business cases, and go-to-market strategies
- Possesses deep customer and competitor expertise, providing internal partners and sales team with critical marketplace guidance specific to EMEA
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 10+ years of experience leading EMEA digital media sales teams with demonstrated experience launching new markets and exceeding goals in a high growth environment
- Exceptional people manager who can build, manage, cultivate and inspire strong teams that are collaborative, energized, and excited about Nextdoor’s purpose, opportunity and growth potential
- Deep customer and agency relationships across the EMEA region paired with expertise in the digital ads ecosystem and technology stack, including regional nuances (e.g., privacy, regulation, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think big paired with the rigor and resolve to iterate and experiment, with a sharp eye for metrics and insights to track and drive towards data-driven results
- Excellent networking, verbal, and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Proven track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams at all management levels: Dexterity to lead both directly and through influence to drive execution of a strategy in a global organization with competing priorities; conviction, determination, and the confidence to drive discussion, accountability, and outcomes
- An owner’s mentality, excited to roll up your sleeves in a scaling organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, MBA is a plus
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbours we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one