Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 290,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
The Ad Platform at Nextdoor connects organizations of any industry and experience level with their local neighbors. Customers should be able to easily create, manage and optimize ads. The Ad Server team is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to build highly scalable machine learning products that determine the ads that neighbors see and engage with.
The Impact You’ll Have
As the Product Manager on the Ad Server team, you’ll lead a cross-functional team of developers, ML engineers, and data scientists to build the roadmap for Ad Ranking and Ad Delivery. You’ll work closely with other Ads product managers, revenue, and finance and strategy to understand their needs and incorporate new requirements into the roadmap. You will build relationships with product teams in other organizations to deeply integrate ad selection with overall content selection. You’ll work with your engineering team to ensure execution and high quality delivery of a stable revenue engine for Nextdoor. You will be a champion for helping our small and large customers build their businesses and ultimately receive value from advertising on Nextdoor.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Grow advertiser retention via optimal delivery and demonstrated ROI – help customers improve their return on ad spend
- Grow overall ad monetization efficiency for Nextdoor
- Increase the quality of ads seen by our neighbors: improve ad personalization, relevance and ranking
- Balance ad inventory strategy for revenue and neighbor experience
- Build modern forecasting, bidding, budget and automation ad products optimized for upper and lower funnel objectives
- Shape delivery insights that shed light on ML system for marketers and brands
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, EE, Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in a product management role, with demonstrated leadership in the management of a portfolio of products through the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization
- Deep understanding of ad marketplaces and bidded auctions
- Experience with machine learning / recommendation systems is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and good judgment
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Nextdoor Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free. Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home. People are using Nextdoor to: Quickly get the word out about a break-in Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group Track down a trustworthy babysitter Find out who does the best paint job in town Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog Find a new home for an outgrown bike Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
Want to learn more about Nextdoor? Visit Nextdoor's website.
The best bed for better sleep