Technical Support Engineer
NexTravel, Los Angeles, CA
Business Travel Made Simple Save time and save money on business travel.
- Investigate, reproduce, troubleshoot, and solve highly challenging technical issues.
- Drive timely incident resolutions while collaborating with Software Engineers, Account Managers, and other stakeholders.
- Gather evidence, document, and escalate issues as needed, clearly communicating the priority and severity.
- Implement script necessary to debug or correct technical issues.
You should apply if
- You understand how the technology works. You are able to troubleshoot complex interactions between software components and solve highly challenging issues.
- You have a good understanding of relational databases. You are able to write SQL queries spanning across multiple tables and handling data gaps.
- You can make, trace, and analyze API calls using tools like Postman, or other API clients.
- You can write short scripts supporting your day-to-day work investigating and resolving technical issues.
- You know how to use logs, monitoring tools, and other sources of data in order to find the root cause of a technical issue.
- You have attention to detail and a quality mindset. You won’t stop until you get to the bottom of it.
- You have a strong sense of empathy and a customer-first attitude.
- You make decisions based on data and evidence.
- You are self-motivated and able to multitask. You manage your time efficiently, following up on issues you own and moving to a higher priority task when needed.
- You constantly work to get better at your craft.
- You are always ready to share your knowledge to help your colleagues, and you understand that we all make mistakes.
- You are a thoughtful and friendly communicator.
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience working in the travel industry
Technologies we use
- React / Redux / React Native
- PHP / MySQL
- AWS / EC2 / S3 / RDS / Aurora / Docker
Based in San Francisco, NexTravel makes booking and managing business travel simple. NexTravel works with hundreds of companies to take the pain out of booking and managing travel for work, eliminating the need for costly phone calls to travel agents and headaches filing expense reports.
Want to learn more about NexTravel? Visit NexTravel's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams