Solutions Architect (German Speaking)
NGINX, Cork, Ireland
flawless application delivery for the modern web
NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX, International Limited is seeking a professional and talented German-speaking Solutions Architect to support our sales efforts and join our Cork, Ireland, team. You will play a critical role in building successful relationships with our clients. You will be the technical arm, assisting in the engineering needs of our current and potential client base. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical pre- and post-sales environment, presenting and demonstrating solutions for the technology, and designing and delivering implementations for our customers.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
You Will Have Strong Technical Knowledge of the Following:
- Intelligent load balancing
- Application acceleration
- Application request routing
- Web serving
- Content caching
- SSL and compression offload
- Manage technical leadership and ownership of customer proof of concepts and technical investigations
- Manage and lead customers through the evaluation process, answering all technical questions
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrations
- Develop and present technical webinars
- Write highly technical web articles
- Oversee the enabling and training of partners to be able to speak intelligently and show NGINX Plus in the best light. This may be in the form of a webinar, onsite training, lunch and learn, etc.
- Engage regularly with our international engineering teams
- Work with prospective customers to understand their business drivers and tailor the optimal solution
- Work with customers to help define their requirements for professional services engagement and to deliver those engagements
- Update our CRM on a regular basis
- Business fluency in German and English required
- Experience as a Solutions Architect
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- Experience or knowledge in traffic management and load-balancing technologies, e.g., F5, Citrix, Riverbed, Kemp, or others; or experience using NGINX
- Knowledge of HTTP, web servers, and web applications
- Knowledge of associated protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, WebSocket, SPDY/HTTP2, SSL, SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.
- Skills in Linux- and UNIX-based systems
- Skills in networking technologies, and Internet security products and services
- You enjoy travelling, working odd hours, and being very available
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- You enjoy travelling 10-30% of the time
- Be a pleasure for customers and colleagues to work with
- Be a highly driven individual with a track record of solid achievement
- Be comfortable cold- and warm-calling at an executive level
NGINX, International Limited's EMEA Headquarters is based in Cork City Centre, Ireland, where we embrace the culture and attitude from our global headquarters in downtown San Francisco. In our Cork office, you’ll find a great working environment with fun and smart people while being surrounded by great restaurants, bars, and all sorts of other things we make good use of as a team!
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.
ABOUT NGINX, INC. NGINX is the heart of the modern web, powering half of the world’s busiest sites and applications. The NGINX open source project started in 2002 and has grown exponentially over the past 10+ years, thanks to the vision of Igor Sysoev and the enthusiasm and support of our loyal community of users. Today, millions of innovators choose NGINX and NGINX Plus for delivering their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale.
Want to learn more about NGINX? Visit NGINX's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Developer- Toronto Desk
Regional Director, Nordics (EMEA)
Academics Account Executive - DACH/Benelux
Optician, The Pizitz
Warby Parker, Birmingham, AL
Sales Executive - DACH Market
Wizeline, San Francisco, USA