NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
NGINX Software, Inc. is looking for Professional Services Engineers to join our Professional Services team, and work remotely (preference for cities near major airport hubs such as San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, Denver, D.C. L.A., Boston, etc.) You will be responsible for providing clients with services related to the installation, configuration, and tuning of NGINX products.
- Architect and implement NGINX products, including the NGINX Plus commercial product, NGINX Controller, NGINX Kubernetes Ingress Controller, etc.
- Analyze the customer’s business problems and suggest the best use of NGINX products
- Help customers implement NGINX products in their Linux and FreeBSD environments, including installation, configuration, tuning, load testing, and auditing
- Provide best practices for implementing NGINX products
- Document implemented solutions
- Knowledge of the NGINX open source software, NGINX Plus, or other NGINX products
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Proven experience in a technical customer-facing role, preferably in a post-sales capacity
- Deep understanding of TCP and HTTP
- Knowledge of traffic management and load-balancing technologies
- Skills in networking technologies, and Internet security products and services
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Excellent communication, business writing, and presentation skills in English
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- You enjoy traveling 10-30% of the time
NGINX, Inc. started as and will always be an open source company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it’s our passion for NGINX and dedication to a global product that’s beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.
ABOUT NGINX, INC.
NGINX is the heart of the modern web, powering half of the world’s busiest sites and applications. The NGINX open source project started in 2002 and has grown exponentially over the past 10+ years, thanks to the vision of Igor Sysoev and the enthusiasm and support of our loyal community of users. Today, millions of innovators choose NGINX and NGINX Plus for delivering their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale.
Want to learn more about NGINX? Visit NGINX's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Producer, Audio (Contract)
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
Software Developer III
Fearless, Montgomery, ALA
Acquia, Boston, MA
Manager - Applications Software Engineering
C3, Redwood City
Senior Quality Engineer
Honest Buildings, New York