NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
NGINX Software, Inc. is currently searching for a Technical Marketing Engineer to join our global headquarters in San Francisco or work remotely in the U.S. If you have a passion for innovation and bringing extraordinary new products to market, want to help promote a product that’s not just good, but beloved by hundreds of millions, and work at an innovative open source software company, then we’d love to talk. As a critical part of our marketing team, you will help drive the technical aspects of messaging, positioning, and enablement of our commercial products.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of the NGINX Application Platform, which includes our NGINX Plus, NGINX Controller, and NGINX Unit products
- Enable field sales and channel teams with sales tools and technical collateral, such as demos, webinars, validated designs, and deployment/installation guides that will expand and accelerate their sales motions
- Define and deliver comprehensive technical messaging and positioning (as well as thought leadership content) that enables the broader digital and field marketing teams to drive demand generation effectively at scale
- Perform competitive analysis from a technical standpoint and articulate the weaknesses of our competitors to our sales and channel teams
- Create awareness for NGINX’s technologies in key areas like microservices, service mesh, and IoT, as well as promote innovation in open source software
- Connect with customers and the users of our open source project to define customer testimonials and case studies
- Work closely with product management to distill key technical features of our solutions and benefits into core messaging, and refine go-to-market strategies
- Experience as a subject matter expert in the networking space and L4-L7 technologies
- 3-5 years of experience in technical product marketing within a technology company. Experience with Cloud services and/or developer tools preferred
- Ability to provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise via publications (placed articles, blogs, social postings)
- Experience creating demo environments and developing demo scripts for sales
- Experience with driving competitive analysis
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and/or RHEL preferred
- Experience with API Management solutions preferred
- Direct experience working with NGINX preferred
- Be an accomplished public speaker for both internal and external engagements
- Have a passion for enterprise software, open source software, and developer tools
- Able to collaborate effectively across a rapidly growing, global organization
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a passion for data and metrics-driven reporting
- Have a strong attention to detail
NGINX, Inc. started as and will always be an open source company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it’s our passion for NGINX and dedication to a global product that’s beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.
ABOUT NGINX, INC.
NGINX is the heart of the modern web, powering half of the world’s busiest sites and applications. The NGINX open source project started in 2002 and has grown exponentially over the past 10+ years, thanks to the vision of Igor Sysoev and the enthusiasm and support of our loyal community of users. Today, millions of innovators choose NGINX and NGINX Plus for delivering their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale.