Are you an SE unicorn?
SE Unicorn: An SE who knows how to bridge technology and business to help customers achieve a desired outcome. A trusted advisor and advocate for the customer.
Are you someone who has a passion for technology and an unrelenting voracity to be the best? Do you want to help empower the world through technology and innovation? Do you want to be a part of a company, a TEAM, that exudes this? If so, read on!
We are searching for talented Sales Engineers who passionately believe in and want to help our customers make their technological vision a reality. NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
Still sound good? Keep going...
- Preferably live in the greater NYC, Boston, or D.C. areas, and love working from your home office
- Have an insatiable appetite for learning and teaching others (especially about technology)
- Understand what it is to bridge technology with business outcomes
- Embrace failure as a tool to constantly improve
- Are a storyteller; are well spoken and well written; and are comfortable presenting to a small, intimate crowd, or to the masses
- Are a person of action
- Understand that even though you may be the smartest person in the room, you don’t have to prove it
- Can read a room, and people, well
- Are not afraid to challenge the status quo, your boss, your peers, or yourself
- Treat everyone with respect
- Have a high degree of integrity
- Enjoy working independently and/or as a part of a team, and are driven to produce results with minimum supervision
What will you be doing?
Well, that’s what we have always loved most about being an SE! Here at NGINX, we get to do so many, cool, fun and amazing things! But seriously, you will:
- Work hand in hand with the sales team to discover, qualify, and close sales opportunities while achieving/exceeding quota targets and helping make the forecast come true!
- Own all technical aspects of a sales cycle, including, but not limited to doing demos, running PoCs, whiteboarding, and sizing/designing/architecting the NGINX Application Platform around customer requirements
- Create unique and innovative solutions alongside our customers, partners, and the community to help them achieve their desired business outcome
- Evangelize the NGINX Application Platform through meetings, conferences, lunch and learns, meetups, blogs, and more!
- Work alongside equally passionate people who believe in a single vision, and hold themselves and each other accountable
- Travel on occasion (~25%) and be available to work “unusual” hours at times
- Yes, there will be some “admin” stuff, too...but not too much (eg; expense reports, Salesforce stuff, etc.)
Still with us? Great! Let’s talk about tech...
Your Technical Qualifications and Skills (any to many, the more the better!):
- Intelligent load balancing
- Application acceleration
- Application request routing
- Web serving
- Dynamic content caching
- SSL and compression offload
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- Experience as a Sales Engineer
- Experience in traffic management and load-balancing technologies, e.g., F5, Citrix, Riverbed, Kemp, or others; or experience using NGINX
- Knowledge of HTTP, web servers, and web applications
- Knowledge of associated protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, WebSocket, SPDY/HTTP2, SSL, SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.
- Skills in Linux-/UNIX-based systems
- Skills in networking technologies, and Internet security products and services
- Experience with cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Microservices architecture, systems, and tools experience/knowledge (K8s, Docker, etc.)
- API development and/or management
- Experience in DevOps environment (understand tools, processes, culture)
NGINX, Inc. started as and will always be an open source company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it’s our passion for NGINX and dedication to a global product that’s beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.
ABOUT NGINX, INC.
NGINX is the heart of the modern web, powering half of the world’s busiest sites and applications. The NGINX open source project started in 2002 and has grown exponentially over the past 10+ years, thanks to the vision of Igor Sysoev and the enthusiasm and support of our loyal community of users. Today, millions of innovators choose NGINX and NGINX Plus for delivering their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale.
Want to learn more about NGINX? Visit NGINX's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Developer
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Account Manager (m/f/div)
Huge, Atlanta, Bogota, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Global, London, Los Angeles, Medellin, Oakland, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Washington DC
Business Development Representative (Korean & English-Speaking)
Andela, New York City, USA