NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world
NGINX, Inc., now part of F5, is the company behind the popular open source project. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. Together with F5, our combined solution bridges the gap between NetOps and DevOps, with multi-cloud application services that span from code to customer.
The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications, as well as deliver new, microservices-based applications. Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation.
NGINX Software, Inc. is searching for an experienced Strategic Account Executive to join our growing sales team to cover the greater New York City area. The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and a passion for solving business problems with technology. This role requires experience navigating the multiple buyer roles and organizational levels that make up the modern, enterprise software purchase decision process. You must be able to identify, message to, persuade, and motivate to action multiple streams of stakeholders in your customer and prospect accounts.
You will work remotely in or around NYC. As a Strategic Account Executive, you will know how to prospect and build a pipeline of enterprise and strategic accounts, manage an assigned territory, and think outside the box to find new business and achieve quota with new customers. You will also be expected to work closely with territory partners and NGINX marketing to coordinate and host events that expand brand awareness and generate new customers. You should understand how to speak and engage with decision makers and to influence strategically. You will be successful in the role by not only finding and closing new business with new logos, but also by evangelizing and promoting NGINX and continuing to build the pool of customers who use and love our products and what we do.
- Promote and sell NGINX's products and solutions
- Build a short- and long-term pipeline that:
- ensures attainment of quarterly revenue goals
- drives improved linearity within the quarter
- drives improved forecast accuracy
- Develop and manage a pipeline to overachieve on sales targets
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategies, projects, and initiatives being executed by your prospects and customers. Position NGINX in the value chain of those strategies, projects, and initiatives
- High level of forecast accuracy expected
- Pricing and contract negotiation with prospects and customers
- Manage relationships and maintain high levels of customer service
- Develop comprehensive and well-maintained account plans that engages all the necessary resources within the company to maximize our opportunity within the assigned accounts
- Develop strong trusted advisor and executive-level relationships with key SI, SP, and VAR partners
- Field inbound calls and leads from various sources and qualify for business potential
- Conduct a minimum number of online and in-person meetings weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- 7+ years of experience carrying a quota of $1M Annual Recurring Revenue
- Direct experience selling infrastructure, application, or networking software to the enterprise is A MUST
- Ability to translate complex technology solutions into business value propositions
- Good understanding of major technology trends and customer initiatives
- Ability to effectively communicate vision, plans, goals, and objectives to team members
- Outstanding presenter and communicator over the phone and in-person
- Understand the sales process, with acute listening and sales skills
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and concerns to management and support
- Must have an exceptional track record selling complex software solutions
- Must have exceptional experience in building, developing, and fostering a solid and extensive VAR network in each territory that is covered. This includes the necessary contacts and skills to recruit the VARs and motivate them to invest significant resources with NGINX
- Ability to interact with all levels or organizations
- Exhibits qualities of cooperation, adaptability, and flexibility while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Verifiable track record of exceeding quotas quarter over quarter and year after year
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool
NGINX, Inc. started as and will always be an open source company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it’s our passion for NGINX and dedication to a global product that’s beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.
ABOUT NGINX, INC.
NGINX is the heart of the modern web, powering half of the world’s busiest sites and applications. The NGINX open source project started in 2002 and has grown exponentially over the past 10+ years, thanks to the vision of Igor Sysoev and the enthusiasm and support of our loyal community of users. Today, millions of innovators choose NGINX and NGINX Plus for delivering their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale.
Want to learn more about NGINX? Visit NGINX's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive (San Francisco)
Domino Data Lab, San Francisco
Enterprise Sales Engineer (Calgary)
Commercial Account Executive, Japan
Twilio, Tokyo, Japan
Enterprise Account Executive
Global Sales Planning Manager
Elastic, Mountain View, CA, San Francisco, CA
Industry Director, Pharmaceuticals
Teads, New York