Real-time VFX Technical Artist
Niantic inc., San Francisco
Building technologies and ideas that move us
- Create beautiful visual effects for Niantic’s real-world games on the mobile platform
- Write and edit cutting-edge graphics shaders that meet visual and performance target
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to help build features and solve creative problems
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams
- Expert-level experience with Unity Game Engine
- Ability to author and manipulate surface shaders or vertex/fragment shader code to create awesome real-time VFX
- Expert-level experience with Shuriken or similar in-game particle systems
- A solid sense of creativity and a good eye for judging compelling VFX
- Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline for mobile platforms
- BS or MS degree in design or technical field is a plus
- Unity 3D, C#, Real-time VFX, Artistic skills
About Niantic inc.
Leaders in Augmented Reality Niantic is building a state of the art augmented reality platform for current and future generations of AR hardware. Our real-world gaming platform includes a massively scalable engine for shared state and user interactions already proven to support hundreds of millions of users and a client platform that sets the standard for mapping, security, and AR capabilities. Niantic is hard at work solving challenges to realize the full potential of augmented reality using technologies such as machine learning and computer vision.
Want to learn more about Niantic inc.? Visit Niantic inc.'s website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.