Thank you for your interest in Noble Studios!
As always, we will do our best to review each resume with careful consideration and respond back in a timely manner. Please note that there will be a longer than normal response time as we navigate the current economic climate.
Noble Studios is known for its high quality, speed, and innovation. Our solutions must also be fast and clean. Our Technical Services team develops and maintains projects and services retainers of all sizes.
As a Web Developer at Noble Studios, the impact of your work can be huge. We work with major brands and collaborate daily as a hybrid of both marketing and engineering to create compelling, efficient and accessible web experiences. You will work independently on many projects, but also work with a cross-functional Pod and with a team of developers to deliver solutions to clients. You will use your experience to drive everything from small to large tasks and projects (e.g. high-profile product launches, multi-page dynamic forms, high-impact multi-language marketing campaigns) while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion.
As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for the creation of high quality, world-class web content for desktop and mobile devices. You will code client side components that will present information in new, innovative and creative ways. You will also integrate into various systems such as E-commerce, Content Management Systems, and Customer Relationship Management Systems. Your work will require a focus on compatibility, accessibility, performance and internationalization.
Your components should be modular, reusable and well documented to the benefit of the greater team. You will experiment with emerging technologies and discuss their merits with fellow team members.
- Developing within Content Management Systems (CMS), such as WordPress and Drupal 8
- Assisting in the maintenance, repair, and optimization of existing and new client sites
- Creating documentation for solutions to common programming solutions
- Working as part of a Pod focused on a select group of accounts and business opportunities
- Applying critical thinking to solve complex technological and business-logic problems efficiently
- Prioritizing your work and juggling current projects with incoming tasks
- Responding to your team members and clients courteously and clearly
- Solving client challenges with understanding and empathy
- Being a consultant to your Pod team and clients by leading discussions to identify technologies or techniques that would enhance user experience or project maintainability
- Collaborating with visual and user experience designers on wire-frames, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences
- Evaluating design deliverables for build feasibility and providing constructive feedback to internal, client-side, and third-party designers, user experience designers, and project managers
- Transforming visual comprehensive designs into rich web interactions that are fluidly responsive, performant, semantic, and accessible
- Partnering with UX designers, web engineers, analysts and managers to move a project through planning, development and launch
Required Skills and Experience
- At least two years of experience with front-end engineering, web development or similar field
- Experience with build tools (Grunt, Gulp, Parcel, Webpack)
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, or other CMS
- At least one year of experience using version control systems (GIT, SVN)
- Experience setting up development environments with Docker
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Proven ability to transform a static design into a responsive website from the ground up using a mobile first approach
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an "always-learning" person, excited to create great web experiences
- Ability to work onsite in our Reno headquarters office during core business hours
- Ability to pass a company background check
- Ability to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. on start date. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Desired/Additional Skills and Experience
- A demonstrated history of success within the discipline of web development and/or a degree in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Experience working for complex or enterprise-level client organizations
- Experience with contributing to open source codebases
- Experience with style guides, atomic design, or component-based design
- Experience with continuous integration
- Code Portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account or show us examples
- Experience with Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
About Noble Studios
We’re a digital original, pleased to meet you. Beyond just about everything expected in the digital industry, you’ll find us. A fearless, can-do agency proud to call beautifully unconventional Reno-Tahoe, Nevada, our home. True to our blue-sky nature, we’re responsive and resourceful. Because we have to be. And true to our ambitious name, we’re fueled as much by our dedication to respect and understanding as we are by our passion for creating digital things. Because we choose to be. We are earnest, 360-degree digital alchemists, engineering uncommon value and prosperity for those seeking a well-calculated step off the beaten path. Our heart is set on building beautiful connections, empowering continuous curiosity, inspiring great work and enabling amazingness. All because we work with purpose and are focused on making a positive impact. Noble thoughts, Noble deeds, Noble actions. We live it every day. We are Noble Studios.