We expect from you:
- at least 3-4 years of Java experience, sufficient to guide less experienced colleagues if needed;
- actual experience with the Spring framework (Spring Boot, JDBC, Security);
- experience working in and with a team, rather than going solo all the time;
- familiarity with Git (preferred) or Mercurial/SVN, including branching and merging;
- intermediate knowledge of SQL;
- habit of covering your code with unit tests.
Following is a bonus:
- practical knowledge of Angular (v2 and later);
- an Oracle/SUN Certified Professional Java Developer (OCP) certificate or willingness to take the certification after the probationary period;
- practical experience with Hazelcast;
- practical experience with Docker.
You are right for the job if you:
- can strike a balance between polishing your code forever, and making hacks left and right just to hand something over;
- aren’t necessarily a smooth talker, but can communicate with your teammates on a daily basis;
- are confident and able to weigh in on technical matters and say why something should or shouldn't be done;
- don't feel the urge to switch technologies every 6 months, but are curious by nature and keep yourself up to date with what's going on in the Java ecosystem;
- are diligent and keep your promises. Your team can always rely on you;
- value well-structured, readable, utilitarian code over clever hacks and language acrobatics;
- are someone who doesn't just blindly translate a specification into code, but take time and effort to understand the underlying business requirements and their purpose.
We offer you:
- the possibility to join one of Nortal's most successful teams;
- various opportunities to gain experience through challenging (but not frustrating) work, frequent training sessions, and learning from skilled colleagues;
- a clear career path that encourages you and provides you with opportunities that correspond with your ambition;
- an inspiring developer community within Nortal, with 200+ global advocates to boost your personal growth;
- support for taking certification courses and exams, and participating in relevant conferences;
- a comfortable office environment that allows you to focus on work and recharge yourself;
- flexible working hours and annual salary raises.
About us Nortal is a multinational strategic change and technology company. Combining the unique experience of transforming Estonia into a digital leader and creating change in businesses with a strategic approach and data-driven technology, our vision is to build a seamless society. Nortal operates in nearly 20 countries and employs over 500 specialists who carry out high-impact projects across Europe, Middle East, Africa and the United States.
Want to learn more about Nortal? Visit Nortal's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior iOS Engineer
Appboy, New York, New York
Senior Android Developer (New York)
Intrepid Pursuits, New York, NY
Technical Business Analyst
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior DevOps Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sales Engineer - SF
Looker, San Francisco
Sr. Staff Security Engineer - Cloud Architecture
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA