- Developing new functionality according to specifications and good development practices;
- Reviewing other developers' code (using Atlassian Fisheye + Crucible);
- Fixing bugs, inconsistencies, and performance flaws in your own code;
- Writing unit tests (at least DAO tests are mandatory);
- Optimizing and refactoring code as needed.
- 3+ years of active experience in Java development (we expect you to not get bogged down in fundamentals);
- Good knowledge of front-end development in general and Angular (2 and newer) in particular;
- Ability to work in and with a team, that is, asking questions, explaining your work, and providing help as needed;
- Fluency in Estonian to understand and discuss relatively complex and detailed specifications written in Estonian;
- Experience with Spring framework;
- Experience with Agile development;
- Experience with Mercurial or a similar version control system;
- At least a passing knowledge of SQL.
Nice to have
- Experience with Gradle, Hazelcast, and Amazon S3 or similar cloud service;
- Experience with Spring Security and JASIG CAS;
- A SUN/Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer certificate would be a huge plus.
- Various opportunities to gain experience through challenging (but not frustrating) work, frequent training sessions, and learning from skilled colleagues.
- A clear career path that encourages you and provides you with opportunities to move to a more senior position;
- An inspiring developer community within Nortal, with over 200 global advocates to boost your personal growth;
- Support for taking certification courses and exams, and participating in relevant conferences;
- A comfortable office environment that allows you to focus on work and recharge yourself if needed;
- Flexible working hours and annual salary raises.
About us Nortal is a multinational strategic change and technology company. Combining the unique experience of transforming Estonia into a digital leader and creating change in businesses with a strategic approach and data-driven technology, our vision is to build a seamless society. Nortal operates in nearly 20 countries and employs over 500 specialists who carry out high-impact projects across Europe, Middle East, Africa and the United States.
Want to learn more about Nortal? Visit Nortal's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solutions Architect, Swiftype - Singapore or Sydney
Elastic, Sydney, Australia
Security Software Engineer
Honey, Downtown Los Angeles
Senior Display and Touch Program Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Web
FiftyThree, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Runtime
Twilio, San Francisco