Why join Nortal?
- Keep your skills fresh by working with some of the newest technologies and tools out there
- Exercise your skills on scalable, business-critical application stacks and infrastructure
- We are on the front line of emerging technologies across numerous industries
- We are growing! Lots of opportunities for advancement
- Join and learn from a small, highly collaborative team of technology craftspeople
What makes Nortal unique?
- We don't just build software; we approach development as a well-honed craft.
- We are experts who believe in being innovative while having fun and working continuously to refine our skills.
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do, from the technology we choose to the people who make up our team.
- With excellence as a guiding principle, we deliver quality results that ensure client satisfaction.
- We approach work with integrity.
- We do what we say we'll do, and we operate with transparency and honesty.
- We work cohesively and see each person at Nortal as a critical contributor.
- We prize teamwork and support each other in providing the best results for our clients. No one on our team is superior to another - we help each other out, in the spirit of personal growth.
- Coach, mentor, and train software engineers on SDLC best practices.
- Develop software architecture and oversee software design
- Lead and participate in coaching software development teams on SDLC best practices.
- Training and mentoring on technical skills
- Work with our client services team on preparing solutions for clients, including both presenting slide decks as well as writing proposals (including both technology and team composition recommendations)
- Work with our resource management team to put the team together for new projects
- Comfortable working with a cross-functional team (PM, Dev, QA, Ops - we work in a team-based structure, but our clients typically have cross-functional matrix organizations)
Your software development expertise:
- Deep understanding of the software build lifecycle including CI/CD practices
- Experience working with multiple software development languages
- Design of architectures to support high scale or high availability systems
- Describe complicated software solutions to non-technical resources
- Breakdown complex technical solutions for a range of experienced and skilled team members
- Use experience to determine levels of effort in technical solutions
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related highly desired
- 10+ years of professional experience 7+ years in modern, object-oriented software development
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- High-level Object Oriented programming language use - preferably with recent hands-on Java
- Proven experience with software build life cycle - including CI/CD - using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with API security, key management, application and network security
- Exposure to cloud environments (especially AWS)– experience with developing cloud data strategies, best practices, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to balance architectural theory with practical solutions
- Proven background of designing and implementing architecture which solves strategic and tactical business needs
- Consultative mindset with the ability to speak with a broad audience
About us Nortal is a multinational strategic change and technology company. Combining the unique experience of transforming Estonia into a digital leader and creating change in businesses with a strategic approach and data-driven technology, our vision is to build a seamless society. Nortal operates in nearly 20 countries and employs over 500 specialists who carry out high-impact projects across Europe, Middle East, Africa and the United States.
Want to learn more about Nortal? Visit Nortal's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid