VMWare Enterprise Architect
NorthBay Solutions, Halifax
Teaching Old Data New Tricks
- Present NorthBay’s VMware vision, strategy and services roadmaps to executives and technical management and illustrate relevant Service Provider use cases for use of VMware products.
- Drive the adoption and services of VMware products and Cloud Solutions within strategic Service Provider accounts.
- Provide expert technical and business pre-sales support for strategic opportunities involving VMware Cloud Services including but not limited to VMC on AWS, Hybrid Cloud Extension and VeloCloud. Assist in technically managing initial proof-of-concepts and pilots.
- Evangelize the value of NorthBay’s VMware Cloud Service and build an internal Cloud solution based on VMware Cloud Service offerings.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and services and how to position against them
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Practice Leader, Product Management, Technical and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NorthBay’s Solutions.
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware and AWS Field Sales Organizations
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware Services and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to NorthBay’s solutions in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures
- Document best practices & architectural references with the technical teams in developing and deploying NorthBay’s VMware Cloud solutions
- Work with VMW and assigned region partners at AWS in driving Webinars conveying the MSP Multi-Cloud Solutions product portfolio latest product developments to increase solution awareness driving new opportunities
Qualifications (Must Haves:)
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality with proven track record of selling technical solutions and services as part of a solution.
- Proven success and knowledge in developing and leading Service Provider Partners/Customers.
- The Individual should have relevant and current VMware experience with vCloud Director and VMC on AWS as well as a strong understanding of IT automation, management, orchestration, and cloud management platform capabilities driving IaaS, SaaS and PaaS. Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud and Azure experience is also preferred.
- 5 - 8+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure. Engagement experience should include IT strategy initiatives, middleware implementations, and leveraging overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple industries.
- The individual should have extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management and business continuity.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required along with excellent presentation skills and strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Self-driven and must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong listening and question based selling skills with the ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups ranging from key decision makers up to the CxO levels. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience.
- VCP Certification or higher; Having other certifications like, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIE, CCIE, CISSP or certification in one or more of the public cloud services including AWS, also preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% once travel starts again.
Qualifications (Nice to Haves:)
- Experience working in a channel role or with partners in a sales or technical sales role.
- Experience with leading technical validation of hybrid and multi-cloud solutions.
- Hands on experience with VMware Cloud Foundation including vSphere, or competitive technologies.
- Experience with Services delivery models and selling motions, particularly within a VMware and AWS.
- Prior pre-sales or customer facing experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- AWS Solution Architect
- AWS Big data Specialty
- Or any Data Centric Certifications
About NorthBay Solutions
NorthBay is headquartered Cambridge, Massachusetts providing services and products to companies across the globe serviced by our nearly 200 professionals. To repeatedly deliver excellence we launched NorthBay University in early 2012 directly on the NorthBay campus. Each new NorthBay team member spends the first 90 days of their career at NorthBay University solving real world problems. Most senior team members refresh their skills at NBU as technology evolves and our customer needs change.
We help our clients achieve time-to-market advantage, drive technology innovation, and gain economical access to world-class software engineering resources globally. We drive our clients’ overall effectiveness by delivering quality, on-time and economically, and providing quicker time-to-market. Our customized solutions for clients have span numerous industries including healthcare, media, mobile & social gaming, financial services, retail, technology, education, and publishing. NorthBay’s in-house professionals include graphic designers, developers, information architects, project managers, and usability specialists that work together to craft a strategy that is tailored to your business goals.
Want to learn more about NorthBay Solutions? Visit NorthBay Solutions's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.