What you'll do:
- Develop the Android experience using Kotlin and Java
- Advance technical standards and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
What you'll bring:
- Great attention to detail
- Deep understanding of modern Android development
- Demonstrated ability to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented code
- Concern for quality and enthuasism for writing unit tests
- Product releases! You have at least one app or project in the works that you can tell us about
Our Engineering culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a very tight (almost continuous) deployment cycle. We ship code 1x/week with some nightly builds (both web & mobile), with a focus on small features & improvements (no monster merges).
- Fix it: We’re a small startup with big plans, and there’s so much to do. Whether it’s an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasn’t been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Polar seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru)
At Notarize, our mission is to help people execute the most important transactions of their lives and to make legal notarization more convenient, secure, and verifiable. Notarize is the first notary public platform allowing any person or business to get their documents legally notarized online. In 2011, the Commonwealth of Virginia became the first state to allow appropriately certified Virginia notaries to serve customers online. And, these notaries were given the explicit authority to serve Americans no matter where they're located. These online notarizations are accepted across the country due to the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the United States Constitution and state laws that specifically address and accept out of state notarizations. Notarize leverages these and other laws to offer people and businesses the ability to legally notarize documents online, from anywhere. 1,000,000,000+ Documents are notarized in the U.S. each year. While notarization is a painful process for individuals, it’s excruciating for businesses that must collect notarized documents to operate. Imagine the pain you experience when getting something notarized - now imagine managing that pain and inconvenience across thousands of your customers. With Notarize for Business, organizations that rely upon notarized documents can leverage the Notarize platform to collect documents from their customers. With Notarize for Developers, they can integrate Notarize directly into their systems to automate and digitize what have always been frustrating, offline processes. And for the first time ever, with Notarize for Mortgage, lenders and title companies can leverage the Notarize Platform to close loans entirely online. The result: saved time and money; reduced fraud; a better customer experience; improved efficiency and convenience. In today’s tech-enabled economy, we are working to bring legal notarization into the modern era to solve some of industry's most frustrating business processes.
Want to learn more about Notarize? Visit Notarize's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Mechanical Engineer, Prototyping Lead/Manager
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Chicago, Illinois
Full Stack Engineer
Captain401, San Francisco
RabbitMQ Messaging Specialist
Pivotal Software, London, United Kingdom
Thumbtack, Salt Lake City