- We currently use Rails 5, React.js, and GraphQL with Relay, but we consider ourselves platform agnostic. A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack.
What you'll do:
- Create engaging experiences for our users
- Design maintainable, reusable, and clean React components
- Interface with a GraphQL server to manipulate data
- Build real-time, low latency interactions between signers and notaries
- Work on a product that is changing an industry
What you'll bring:
- Thoughtful attention to detail
- Passion for building products that look good
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug code
- Concern for quality and enthusiasm writing unit tests
- Familiarity with modern web technologies
Our Engineering culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a very tight (almost continuous) deployment cycle. We ship code 1x/week with some nightly builds (both web & mobile), with a focus on small features & improvements (no monster merges).
- Fix it: We’re a small startup with big plans, and there’s so much to do. Whether it’s an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasn’t been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru)
At Notarize, our mission is to help people execute the most important transactions of their lives and to make legal notarization more convenient, secure, and verifiable. Notarize is the first notary public platform allowing any person or business to get their documents legally notarized online. In 2011, the Commonwealth of Virginia became the first state to allow appropriately certified Virginia notaries to serve customers online. And, these notaries were given the explicit authority to serve Americans no matter where they're located. These online notarizations are accepted across the country due to the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the United States Constitution and state laws that specifically address and accept out of state notarizations. Notarize leverages these and other laws to offer people and businesses the ability to legally notarize documents online, from anywhere. 1,000,000,000+ Documents are notarized in the U.S. each year. While notarization is a painful process for individuals, it’s excruciating for businesses that must collect notarized documents to operate. Imagine the pain you experience when getting something notarized - now imagine managing that pain and inconvenience across thousands of your customers. With Notarize for Business, organizations that rely upon notarized documents can leverage the Notarize platform to collect documents from their customers. With Notarize for Developers, they can integrate Notarize directly into their systems to automate and digitize what have always been frustrating, offline processes. And for the first time ever, with Notarize for Mortgage, lenders and title companies can leverage the Notarize Platform to close loans entirely online. The result: saved time and money; reduced fraud; a better customer experience; improved efficiency and convenience. In today’s tech-enabled economy, we are working to bring legal notarization into the modern era to solve some of industry's most frustrating business processes.
Want to learn more about Notarize? Visit Notarize's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Acquia, Boston, MA
Data Warehouse Engineer
XO Group, Austin
Senior Platform Engineer
Stanza, San Francisco
Manufacturing IT Systems Administrator
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma, Charlotte, NC