Android Engineer (Mid-level, Senior, Staff)
See jobs at Notarize
What you’ll do as an Android Engineer:
- Contribute to the design, development and architecture of our app using Kotlin and the latest Android design patterns (MVVM/Clean Architecture/RxJava)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with designers, developers, QA engineers, and product managers
- Create and maintain internal and external components as we modularize our code base and build our first SDK
- Be involved in all phases of development, from ideation to release to tracking and analyzing the impact of shipped features
- Provide leadership and critical input on advancing technical standards and quality
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Have the opportunity to work with Ruby on Rails, Postgres through AWS RDS, Heroku, and GraphQL if you're interested
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience working with a team of engineers on product software development
- One released/available app, or a project work you can tell us about
- A love of problem solving, and delivering innovative product solutions to improve people’s lives
- A willingness to learn in any part of the stack - from android app, to web front-end, APIs, data layers and back-end services, and comfort with adapting to new technology and new opportunities
- A belief in good unit test coverage, strong test case scenarios - active consideration of the different ways features will be used
- An inclination towards actions and solutions
- The ability to work autonomously and own problems from end to end
- Effective communication and active listening skills, great attention to details with a thoughtful, collaborative approach to problem-solving
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
At Notarize, our mission is to help people execute the most important transactions of their lives and to make legal notarization more convenient, secure, and verifiable. Notarize is the first notary public platform allowing any person or business to get their documents legally notarized online. In 2011, the Commonwealth of Virginia became the first state to allow appropriately certified Virginia notaries to serve customers online. And, these notaries were given the explicit authority to serve Americans no matter where they're located. These online notarizations are accepted across the country due to the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the United States Constitution and state laws that specifically address and accept out of state notarizations. Notarize leverages these and other laws to offer people and businesses the ability to legally notarize documents online, from anywhere. 1,000,000,000+ Documents are notarized in the U.S. each year. While notarization is a painful process for individuals, it’s excruciating for businesses that must collect notarized documents to operate. Imagine the pain you experience when getting something notarized - now imagine managing that pain and inconvenience across thousands of your customers. With Notarize for Business, organizations that rely upon notarized documents can leverage the Notarize platform to collect documents from their customers. With Notarize for Developers, they can integrate Notarize directly into their systems to automate and digitize what have always been frustrating, offline processes. And for the first time ever, with Notarize for Mortgage, lenders and title companies can leverage the Notarize Platform to close loans entirely online. The result: saved time and money; reduced fraud; a better customer experience; improved efficiency and convenience. In today’s tech-enabled economy, we are working to bring legal notarization into the modern era to solve some of industry's most frustrating business processes.
Want to learn more about Notarize? Visit Notarize's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.