Security and Privacy Governance Specialist
See jobs at Notarize
About this role:
- As our Security and Privacy Governance Specialist , you’ll utilize industry standard frameworks to manage general security and privacy practices around access control, assets, third parties and personnel, perform classification, develop policies and procedures, and assist with developing information security education and awareness training in a highly remote cloud environment. We are looking for someone who is familiar with building and tracking compliance efforts and continually monitoring to ensure they are being met.
What you’ll do as an Security and Privacy Governance Specialist at Notarize:
- Draft, develop, and review information security policies, procedures, and processes according to industry best practices and frameworks such as NIST
- Perform asset, information, and data identification and classification
- Assist with information security and privacy risk management efforts
- Identify and document access control implementation and provide remediation recommendations as necessary
- Assist with third (nth) party security and risk management including ongoing monitoring for risk and due diligence
- Assist with developing and delivering information security and privacy education and awareness training
What we’re looking for:
- 4-6 years of work experience with Information Security governance, including creating baselines, policies and procedures
- Experience with security and privacy frameworks, such as NIST and/or certification programs, such as CSA Star, FedRAMP, HITRUST, and ISO 27000
- Experience with third party risk management
- Superior presentation, documentation, and writing skills
- CISSP, CAP, or related certifications preferred
- CDPSE, CIPT, or CIPM certifications preferred
- Thoughtful communication and collaboration skills, especially in a highly remove environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
At Notarize, our mission is to help people execute the most important transactions of their lives and to make legal notarization more convenient, secure, and verifiable. Notarize is the first notary public platform allowing any person or business to get their documents legally notarized online. In 2011, the Commonwealth of Virginia became the first state to allow appropriately certified Virginia notaries to serve customers online. And, these notaries were given the explicit authority to serve Americans no matter where they're located. These online notarizations are accepted across the country due to the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the United States Constitution and state laws that specifically address and accept out of state notarizations. Notarize leverages these and other laws to offer people and businesses the ability to legally notarize documents online, from anywhere. 1,000,000,000+ Documents are notarized in the U.S. each year. While notarization is a painful process for individuals, it’s excruciating for businesses that must collect notarized documents to operate. Imagine the pain you experience when getting something notarized - now imagine managing that pain and inconvenience across thousands of your customers. With Notarize for Business, organizations that rely upon notarized documents can leverage the Notarize platform to collect documents from their customers. With Notarize for Developers, they can integrate Notarize directly into their systems to automate and digitize what have always been frustrating, offline processes. And for the first time ever, with Notarize for Mortgage, lenders and title companies can leverage the Notarize Platform to close loans entirely online. The result: saved time and money; reduced fraud; a better customer experience; improved efficiency and convenience. In today’s tech-enabled economy, we are working to bring legal notarization into the modern era to solve some of industry's most frustrating business processes.
Want to learn more about Notarize? Visit Notarize's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one