What you'll do as our deals desk manager:
- Serves as the initial and primary advisor to sales on deal related matters, advising the team on alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures by reviewing standard and non-standard transactions, and applying pricing and packaging knowledge
- Owns day-to-day quote management and advises on pricing approvals, ensuring compliance with published sales and business approval policies
- Provides governance and advises on approval processes; approves pricing and deal structure exceptions as necessary within established guidelines.
- Assists to interpret contractual language and escalate to ensure deals comply with revenue recognition, legal policies and operational policies.
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Legal, Finance, etc.) to expedite the review and approval process
- Develops and drives initiatives to improve productivity, Deal Desk improvements, company deal policies and simplifying processes throughout the Sales Operations and Sales Organization
- Supports the development of training materials, sales examples and works with legal, finance and learning and development to conduct regular contract training sessions – to reduce contract variations between similar deals
- Provide Win/Loss analysis and Discount trend reporting to the sales leadership, identifying areas of improvement
What we're looking for:
- Proven success managing a Deal Desk function in the Enterprise SaaS/B2B Industry
- Proven success partnering with GTM Teams and other cross functional departments
- Strong experience in Direct and Channel Sales models
- Strong experience in contract/legal negotiations with SMB and enterprise customers and working with enterprise sales teams.
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition and order process principles required
- Highly organized, customer-focused, innovative and strong attention to details
- Strong business acumen, strong reporting and analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Strong quantitative skills and highly proficient in gSuite, Salesforce.com, or similar CPQ tools
- Prior experience working for established Cloud software vendor in a Deal Desk / Commercial role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence at a senior level; must be able to foster and maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and internal departments
- Proven experience working in a high-volume contract administration department
- Ability to multitask and prioritize at times of high volume, schedule flexibility during End of Month, End or Quarter
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
At Notarize, our mission is to help people execute the most important transactions of their lives and to make legal notarization more convenient, secure, and verifiable. Notarize is the first notary public platform allowing any person or business to get their documents legally notarized online. In 2011, the Commonwealth of Virginia became the first state to allow appropriately certified Virginia notaries to serve customers online. And, these notaries were given the explicit authority to serve Americans no matter where they're located. These online notarizations are accepted across the country due to the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the United States Constitution and state laws that specifically address and accept out of state notarizations. Notarize leverages these and other laws to offer people and businesses the ability to legally notarize documents online, from anywhere. 1,000,000,000+ Documents are notarized in the U.S. each year. While notarization is a painful process for individuals, it’s excruciating for businesses that must collect notarized documents to operate. Imagine the pain you experience when getting something notarized - now imagine managing that pain and inconvenience across thousands of your customers. With Notarize for Business, organizations that rely upon notarized documents can leverage the Notarize platform to collect documents from their customers. With Notarize for Developers, they can integrate Notarize directly into their systems to automate and digitize what have always been frustrating, offline processes. And for the first time ever, with Notarize for Mortgage, lenders and title companies can leverage the Notarize Platform to close loans entirely online. The result: saved time and money; reduced fraud; a better customer experience; improved efficiency and convenience. In today’s tech-enabled economy, we are working to bring legal notarization into the modern era to solve some of industry's most frustrating business processes.
Want to learn more about Notarize? Visit Notarize's website.
Brewing up the future, today.