Software Engineer (Cash-flow Analytics Team)
Nova, San Francisco, New York, Remote
Your gateway to global consumer credit data
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with Product to provide solutions that differentiate our cash-flow product within the emerging market space
- Be responsible for extending, improving, and managing the complexity of our cash-flow analytics product
- Ship high quality solutions with urgency and speed, with end-to-end ownership of your projects
- Have support, resources, and space to grow your career on the job
- Mission-driven and passion to make a social impact
- Eager to learn and mentor others
- Have built and improved 3rd-party API integrations and internal/external APIs
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with core parts of our stack (Node.JS, Express, React, ES6, Typescript, Postgres) (Preferred, but not required)
- Experience at a fintech startup (Preferred, but not required)
NOVA CREDIT'S INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Step 1: The phone screen gives us a chance to learn more about you, your goals, and your interests. It’s also a chance for you to learn about us and get answers to your questions.
- Step 2: The technical assessment (a one-hour coding challenge) is intended to give you a taste of what you’ll be doing at Nova Credit. We avoid asking algorithmic questions, so you can expect to be asked to complete more practical tasks, such as working with an existing API, parsing JSON responses, or building a UI component.
- Step 3: The virtual on-site will give you the opportunity to meet additional engineers, have a conversation with your potential manager, and expose you to the Nova Credit culture. It is broken down into three one-hour technical sessions (coding challenges/systems design sessions) and a forty-five minute chat with the hiring manager.
A mission-driven team, solving one of the world's most complex problems Nova started its journey as a graduate research project at Stanford University in 2015 and has since evolved into the premier cross-border credit reporting agency. Our team comes from all over the world is passionate about empowering consumers to use their data to improve financial access. Today, Nova is a mission-driven company solving the problem of credit access for immigrants. We've built world-class technology to enable immigrants to transport their credit history around the world. We build integrations with credit databases internationally and allow lenders global access through a single API. In short, we've created the global platform for financial identity mobility so that immigrants never have to start from scratch again. Nova is revolutionizing the way consumers own and share their information and enabling them to access the credit and rentals they deserve.
Want to learn more about Nova? Visit Nova's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.