Sr. Front End Software Engineer
NovoEd, San Francisco, CA
We're making online education effective and engaging
NovoEd is developing cutting-edge technology to solve the hardest problems in education. Our platform engages learners through its social environment and project-based courses. Based in San Francisco, CA, our small team has already built the most advanced online learning and collaboration platform.
As a frontend engineer, you will be working closely with our Maker’s Team to create an intuitive learning experience for our users.
At NovoEd, you can expect:
- A collaborative work environment
- Monthly company events, such as ski trips, BBQs hosted by our CEO, and more!
- Paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Free lunch every weekday from local restaurants
- Work from Home Wednesdays
- Flexible vacation days
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- Phone bill reimbursements (Yes! Your personal phone bill!)
What you will be doing:
- Designing and building reusable, scalable and highly interactive learning experiences
- Ensuring students on the go can watch videos, submit assignments, and interact in class from their mobile device
- Building a scalable notifications system for web and mobile
- Architecting a social news feed to stream relevant student-generated content, including projects and forum posts, while protecting academic integrity and privacy
- Visualizing complex student and class data to highlight useful insights
- Engineering synchronous collaborative work environments that can support hundreds of simultaneous users
We use Angular.js, React, JQuery, SASS, HTML5, TypeScript, Webpack, ESLint, bootstrap 4 etc. in our frontend. You don’t need to know all these technologies to apply, but having working knowledge is a huge plus.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience building frontend applications
- Experience with either Angular.js, Backbone.js, React, Vue, or pure Jquery
- Graphical sense of design or major website optimization experience
- Good communication skills, ability to mentor and work collaboratively
- A true talent and drive for resolving issues, identifying trends, and recommending improvements
Our Background NovoEd, Inc. is a software company on a mission to make online education more effective and engaging. NovoEd creates the most engaging online platform for the modern learner. Our solutions enable our customers to more productively train their employees, partners, customers, and students. Founded at Stanford, NovoEd developed technology to make online learning more like great in-person learning. Our first clients were some of the top business schools, including Stanford GSB, Wharton, and UVA Darden. As millennials became a significant part of the workforce, companies began demanding modern learning solutions built for the mobile, social learner. Now, NovoEd serves organizations around the world that need a better way to teach online – whether it’s employee training, partner enablement, executive education, or university programs.
Want to learn more about NovoEd? Visit NovoEd's website.
Jobs You May Like
Support Engineer, Data Platform
DraftKings, Boston, MA