Sales Development Representative
We're making online education effective and engaging
Who Are You?
You're a resilient, collaborative, and creative person. You're a goal-oriented relationship builder and problem solver. You're a self-motivated, metrics-driven, and team-oriented individual who is excited to generate leads in a Business-to-Business (B2B) enterprise software company.
You will be responsible for following up with prospects who have responded to inbound lead activities as well as identifying and uncovering new prospects through an account research and cold out-bounding methods. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for qualifying the prospect for a meeting with our account executives. We’re looking for high integrity professionals early in their career who are eager to make their mark as an SDR!
This role offers a promotion path into inside sales management, outside sales, account management, customer success, or marketing.
The systemic racism and inequality that has plagued communities of color cannot continue. NovoEd is committed to providing a place of opportunity and growth for all as we strive to build a team that better reflects the communities we live and work in. Join a team that is committed to equal representation in the workplace and fostering a community of education and action against racial and social injustice.
Will You Do?
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop target accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities.
- Help create and prioritize strategic target account lists and contacts within a defined territory; Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through discovery calls and email campaigns.
- Generate sales-ready meetings and qualified leads for Account Executives using NovoEd’s qualification criteria.
- Understand and uncover customer needs and business problems and effectively communicate how NovoEd can solve them. Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects to move them into a deeper evaluation.
- Maintain knowledge, awareness of NovoEd product and competitive platforms.
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to NovoEd standards; provide metrics on leads; Leverage CRM and other tools to prospect into specific markets and verticals; Maintain detailed account profiles and lead progress.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, and pipeline generation.
- Consistently achieve targets to ensure territory revenue and growth objectives.
What Skills Are Needed For This Role?
- Highly motivated self-starter with a history of achievement in personal and work goals
- 6+ months as an SDR with a SaaS company where best practices, experience with a modern sales technology stack (Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach IO, Google Apps, Slack, Sales Navigator, etc.)
- An innate ability to extract information and business requirements from prospects
- Tremendous time management and organization skills; detail oriented and thorough
- Excellent communication skills whether in person, over text, or over the phone
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly understand and demonstrate technology and business value propositions.
- Experience using software tools and systems such as Microsoft Office, social media, sales or marketing automation, etc.
- 4-year University degree or equivalent experience
Why Will You Love NovoEd?
- A collaborative work environment
- Paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Flexible vacation days
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- Phone bill reimbursements (Yes! Your personal phone bill!)
- Internet bill reimbursements
NovoEd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 3-10 people, depending on the seniority of the role.
Our Background NovoEd, Inc. is a software company on a mission to make online education more effective and engaging. NovoEd creates the most engaging online platform for the modern learner. Our solutions enable our customers to more productively train their employees, partners, customers, and students. Founded at Stanford, NovoEd developed technology to make online learning more like great in-person learning. Our first clients were some of the top business schools, including Stanford GSB, Wharton, and UVA Darden. As millennials became a significant part of the workforce, companies began demanding modern learning solutions built for the mobile, social learner. Now, NovoEd serves organizations around the world that need a better way to teach online – whether it’s employee training, partner enablement, executive education, or university programs.
Want to learn more about NovoEd? Visit NovoEd's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist - Product
Culture Amp, Melbourne (or Remote across Australia)