NS1’s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers and the world. We are the market leader in DNS and traffic management software and services, and our customers include the biggest properties and largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, and many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling and processes of today’s DevOps organizations, and deliver reliability and performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, and also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
Our technical project manager will join the engineering organization to drive process and project management practices across our platform development. The TPM will focus on the execution of product strategy for SaaS and on-premises software products and help our teams deliver on our commitments to our customers.
The TPM will ensure seamless coordination of stakeholders around project variables, generating a shared understanding of deliverables and timelines. As NS1 grows, the TPM will ensure the team’s methodology evolves to get work done effectively, and will grow a project management practice in tandem.
You bring a bag of tricks of techniques from your experiences, with an intrinsic flexibility to find out what fits best in each scenario. You thrive when given the opportunity to design systems and bring project management experience of your own at significant scale.
- Optimize delivery practices of engineering organization, providing hands-on project management during all phases of development and deployment across high-priority projects
- Manage and iterate our tools to track our information and work effectively. Assure that those tools are clear and useful for our engineers
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure big ideas and lofty goals have tangible, attainable steps
- Effectively drive decision-making across stakeholders on relevant trade-offs, including scope, time, and cost of resources. Surface and manage risks and dependencies
- Spot communication challenges and cultivate effective communication across the organization, in meetings, digital communication, and project tracking artifacts
- At least 4 years working on software delivery teams, managing delivery lifecycles and project planning for a dynamic product or engineering organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers on product scope and technical risks
- Demonstrated comfort with remote communication culture. Can facilitate effectively with distributed teams
- Meticulously organized, with strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
Nice to have:
- Experience with infrastructure products or distributed systems
- Experience managing delivery of larger development teams or multiple development teams, as well as managing additional project managers
NS1 Technology Stack:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software that’s deployed on physical hardware and an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, and Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Grafana, Bosun
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT US The idea behind NS1 is simple: DNS is ubiquitous and is the starting point for almost every website and application. That makes DNS an ideal place to make intelligent traffic management decisions - decisions that improve the reliability, performance, security, and automation of your most critical online applications. At NS1, we build the world’s most intelligent DNS and traffic management technologies, enabling our customers to take unparalleled control over their traffic and infrastructure as conditions change in application environments and across the global network. We’re relentlessly focused on helping our customers succeed in their digital transformation initiatives. Our platform is 100% API driven and DevOps is in our DNA. Through native integrations with leading DevOps tools and vendors, NS1 is removing the barriers to full infrastructure automation. NS1 is trusted by some of the highest trafficked sites on the internet and largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Weight Watchers, The Guardian, and many more. Today, NS1 is the DNS and traffic management provider the world’s leading online enterprises trust to power their business. Combining advanced technology with rock solid reliability, NS1 has become the choice of enterprises looking to bring their digital business to the next level.
Want to learn more about NS1? Visit NS1's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mechanical Test Engineer
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Senior Engineering Program Manager
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Development Engineer - .NET (WMS)
Trendyol, Istanbul / Tuzla
Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer - Engineering Services
Qualtrics , Seattle
Senior Growth Engineer
Getaround, San Francisco