NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack
We’re looking to add a new member to our growing engineering team: an experienced Backend Software Engineer who can dive into our extensively automated, globally distributed system, summoning their deep technical background to drive new innovation in the software and tools that run our cutting edge traffic management platform.
We’re looking for an autodidact who can immerse themselves in our platform immediately, leveraging existing technical strengths and teaching themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have broad knowledge of the technologies in modern infrastructure operations and automation and be able to offer constructive advice for improvements while using and scaling the systems in our existing platform. You’ll take responsibility for the quality of your code, and your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
- Strong Go knowledge
- Strong experience in Docker
- Experience working with Postgres
- Strong experience around infrastructure automation
- Excellent UNIX and networking knowledge
- Expertise in troubleshooting and performance tuning of complex, high-traffic, distributed applications
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, observability, automation, etc
Nice to have:
- Python knowledge
- Layer 4-7 load balancing
- Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
Our technology stack at NS1, and the many systems you’ll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform that’s deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API and Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT US The idea behind NS1 is simple: DNS is ubiquitous and is the starting point for almost every website and application. That makes DNS an ideal place to make intelligent traffic management decisions - decisions that improve the reliability, performance, security, and automation of your most critical online applications. At NS1, we build the world’s most intelligent DNS and traffic management technologies, enabling our customers to take unparalleled control over their traffic and infrastructure as conditions change in application environments and across the global network. We’re relentlessly focused on helping our customers succeed in their digital transformation initiatives. Our platform is 100% API driven and DevOps is in our DNA. Through native integrations with leading DevOps tools and vendors, NS1 is removing the barriers to full infrastructure automation. NS1 is trusted by some of the highest trafficked sites on the internet and largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Weight Watchers, The Guardian, and many more. Today, NS1 is the DNS and traffic management provider the world’s leading online enterprises trust to power their business. Combining advanced technology with rock solid reliability, NS1 has become the choice of enterprises looking to bring their digital business to the next level.
Want to learn more about NS1? Visit NS1's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.