As a NS1 Software Engineer: Infrastructure you will help to build out our emerging Service Management platform to provision, control and monitor Distributed Edge Services for our Cloud Managed Network Services. We are looking for a strong senior engineer who has done more operations work. Or a strong operations/infra engineer who has done some development.
The Service Management team is tasked with enabling NS1 Service Teams to make their services available by providing a Service Orchestration/Service Management platform. You will be instrumental in building the foundational tools and platform supporting our Enterprise-level Cloud-Native Networking Services.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM — the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services — to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.
- Build APIs for custom service configuration and deployment
- Building on top of AWS services to provide tools for customers to deploy and manage their distributed edge environments.
- Work with grpc to build microservices in golang and/or python. We primarily use golang.
- Dive into many kubernetes environments.
- Provide tooling to help developers debug remote sites
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- Expertise programming in Golang and Python
- Experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud providers
- Experience developing APIs
- Expertise in containerized applications optimally running in a Docker/Kubernetes environment
- Experience in working with Kubernetes and helm charts
- Strong operational knowledge of Linux systems, security, networking, and automation
- Expertise in troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Extra kudos for experience with:
- Domain Name System, DNS tools and protocol
- Ansible or other configuration management
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Telegraf
- Hashicorp tools (terraform, nomad, vault, consul)
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
Working at NS1:
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYC’s Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 and closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire and recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off and work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop and supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming and education
- Access to employee-led affinity and social awareness groups
- “Funtivities” calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events and special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities and social causes
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT US The idea behind NS1 is simple: DNS is ubiquitous and is the starting point for almost every website and application. That makes DNS an ideal place to make intelligent traffic management decisions - decisions that improve the reliability, performance, security, and automation of your most critical online applications. At NS1, we build the world’s most intelligent DNS and traffic management technologies, enabling our customers to take unparalleled control over their traffic and infrastructure as conditions change in application environments and across the global network. We’re relentlessly focused on helping our customers succeed in their digital transformation initiatives. Our platform is 100% API driven and DevOps is in our DNA. Through native integrations with leading DevOps tools and vendors, NS1 is removing the barriers to full infrastructure automation. NS1 is trusted by some of the highest trafficked sites on the internet and largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Weight Watchers, The Guardian, and many more. Today, NS1 is the DNS and traffic management provider the world’s leading online enterprises trust to power their business. Combining advanced technology with rock solid reliability, NS1 has become the choice of enterprises looking to bring their digital business to the next level.
Want to learn more about NS1? Visit NS1's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid