Today we have more than 300,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the job:
Nurx is looking for experienced Staff Software Engineers to join our growing engineering team. As a staff-level member of the team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing complex solutions that impact both our Ember web app and API framework. You will also be expected to be a role model on coding standards, design, and other developer best practices for the Nurx Engineering teams.
What You'll do:
- Architect, implement, and recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products.
- You will work closely with product, design, data, and your engineering teammates to build, test and rapidly iterate on the platform and tools at the heart of our business.
- Quality and high standards really matter to us - you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Ensure performance scalability, availability and security in everything you do.
- Coach and help teammates through code reviews and white-boarding sessions.
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology.
- Strong advocacy for technical standards and quality across Nurx.
A bit about you:
- 7+ years experience working for a tech-focused company.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent work experience. Experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree.
- Strong architecture and system design skills.
- Writes readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code.
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture.
- Can evaluate tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- You are someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
- Comfortable designing and communicating technical design choices to a non-technical audience.
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Prior Tech Lead experience.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. Nurx welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
Nurx is a telemedicine startup focused on increasing access to healthcare, starting with birth control and PrEP services.
Want to learn more about Nurx? Visit Nurx's website.
Help the world share their story
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer (Platform) - Remote
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY