About the Obama Foundation
At the Obama Foundation, we are guided by a core belief: that ordinary people working together can change history. Our mission is to inspire those people to take action, empower them to change their world for the better, and connect them so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
We were founded by community organizers, so when we seek change, we do it by bringing people together.
That approach begins at home, on the South Side of Chicago, where we are building the Obama Presidential Center. The Center represents a historic opportunity for Chicago: a chance to build a world-class museum and public gathering space that celebrates our nation’s first African American President and First Lady, steps away from where he began his career, where she was raised, and where—together—they made their home.
But that approach extends to all our work, whether it’s holding leadership training sessions in communities throughout the U.S., bringing local leaders together in countries around the world, working to support the global education of girls, or ensuring young men of color have pathways to opportunity.
As President Obama has said, “we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together.” So join us.
For more information, please visit www.obama.org.
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Financial Analyst will serve as an integral member of the Finance team and play an active role in ensuring that the Foundation meets its short- and long-term financial objectives. Specifically, you will focus on modeling the Foundation’s financial data, tracking financial performance, and communicating financial variances and trends to various stakeholders. You will report to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and will work closely with teams across the organization.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop, enhance and maintain financial databases and models by organizing and analyzing a wide range of data from various sources
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the financial performance of the organization against projections and identify notable trends, concerns, opportunities, etc.
- Analyze and interpret financial results, data, and trends through routine dashboards and reports that summarize financial activity and results across the Foundation
- Create schedules and analyses that support and inform the budgeting and planning process
- Work closely with the Development team to understand and analyze short and long-term revenue projections and track actual incoming contributions against projections
- Perform all other job duties and special projects as assigned by the Finance leadership team
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- Full ownership of monthly budget-to-actual reports for each department, including analysis and explanation of variances and identification of trends
- Efficient coordination of the annual budget process by designing budget timeline and instructions for departments, performing basic analytics on preliminary outcomes, and synthesizing proposals into executive-facing materials
- Compilation of quarterly financial reports, in collaboration with the finance team, to the Finance Committee
- Routine cash reports and one-off analyses for the finance team and other members of the department
- Creation and maintenance of a comprehensive 5 year capital spending plan
- Strong analytic capabilities with an ability to communicate findings
- Strong financial modeling skills, including excellent math skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Data science skills is a plus
- Demonstrated and proven experience financial planning, analysis and budgeting with a complex organization; experience in consulting or with large non-profit organizations is a plus
In the interest of employee health and safety during the pendency of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Obama Foundation is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
About Obama Foundation
The Obama Foundation was established in January 2014 to carry on the great, unfinished project of renewal and global progress. Officially established as an operating, 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, the Foundation is governed by a volunteer board of directors chaired by civic leader Martin Nesbitt. In the near future, the Foundation will oversee the design and construction of the Obama Presidential Center to be designed by Tod Williams and Billie Tsien Architects | Partners and Interactive Design Architects in Jackson Park on the South Side of Chicago. When it’s complete, the Center will include a library holding the Presidential archives, a museum focusing on the Obama Presidency and issues of our time, and space for ongoing programs and initiatives that advance our mission.
Want to learn more about Obama Foundation? Visit Obama Foundation's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.