Data Scientist Internship - Summer 2019
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
We Bring People Together to Discover Value
Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best this summer?
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 50+ Million Downloads
We are looking for a Data Science intern to join our agile data science team this summer. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial team player who can solve complicated machine learning problems and thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven, execution-focused environment. If you want to gain experience at a rapidly growing start-up, and ship real, impactful work, then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Train machine learning/deep learning models to solve problems in our products
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to make data-driven algorithms a core part of our marketplace
- Make individual technical contributions where possible
- Develop end-to-end machine learning solutions: offline training, production implementation, A/B testing, and communication of results
- Pursuing Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative discipline; graduating in 2020
- Passion for machine learning
- Proficiency in Python/R, SQL
- Authorization to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
ShareThis, Palo Alto
Data Scientist (Federal)
C3, Washington, D.C. and Redwood City, California
Machine Learning Engineer
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Full stack Developer
BlueVine, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Lead Consultant - Business Analyst
Internship Business Development & Intelligence