Software Development Engineer - iOS
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
We Bring People Together to Discover Value
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious individuals who want to be a part of our fast growing team.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
We are looking for an iOS developer who will help make an impact on the OfferUp iOS Development team as well as someone who appreciates collaboration and teamwork, while having a good time.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of experience in software development with 1+ years of proven experience working in iOS/Mac development.
- You will be creating and implementing significant portions of the OfferUp iOS app - Crafting clean code and maintaining an active interest in the overall success of what we're building.
- You will have worked on several iOS apps in the past that are/were in the App Store.
- You have deep understanding of Objective-C and iOS frameworks.
- Background in Object-oriented programming with knowledge of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- You are experienced working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Bachelors or above in Computer Science or a related field.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Cornell Co-op
Samsara, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Frontend
Highfive, Redwood City
Software Engineer, API Platform
Pinterest, San Francisco
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
SAP FICO Specialist
SF Motors, Santa Clara, CA
Project Manager, Professional Services
MongoDB, New York City