Software Engineer - Infrastructure Security
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
We Bring People Together to Discover Value
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
OfferUp is seeking a passionate and curious hacker who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to systematically eliminate those weaknesses. You will work as part of a small, fast-moving security team spending equal time breaking services and building automated controls that protect the security and privacy of OfferUp’s users.
- Proactively develop software to enable new detection capabilities.
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- You'll be pushing the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure, enterprise systems, and cloud services.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- Create services and tools to secure our data
- Experience with operating system hardening (Linux, OS X)
- A firm grasp of networking protocols and operations
- Knowledge of host and network based attacks
- Programming skills (Python, Go, C, Java, Bash, PowerShell)
- AWS and Cloud Security knowledge
- Applied cryptography and key management
- Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Web
Lumosity, San Francisco
Cloud Systems Developer - Fast Track
Cloudreach, London, Munich, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Zurich, Edinburgh
Senior Consultant, West Region
MuleSoft, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Denver, Portland, Remote
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (EMEA)
Enjoy, Menlo Park, CA