OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $14+ Billion In Transactions in 2016
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is looking for our first SEO hire to lead new initiatives critical to the company’s growth. In this role you will join our growth team, and drive our SEO efforts across the company. We are looking for an analytical leader with a track record in an SEO-driven environment, who shows clear enthusiasm and a passion to experiment.
What You’ll Do
- Own OfferUp’s SEO strategy and plan
- Orchestrate high volume organic search growth for OfferUp
- Evaluate SEO expansion opportunities across mobile and desktop web
- Estimate impact and risks of proposed changes
- Monitor keyword ranking performance across branded and unbranded search traffic
- Create and maintain detailed SEO reporting and analysis
- Serve as an SEO subject matter expert within the company
- Advise teams on new technology-related SEO and social changes
- Provide direction on technical improvements and search compliance
- Work with Web, iOS, and Android teams to coordinate app indexing and web-to-app integration opportunities
- Work within growth team to build SEO into an experimental platform
- Create and manage SEO framework to conduct and analyze experiments
- Help build and improve high traffic applications for our millions of daily users across web and apps
What You’ll Have
- 5+ years experience in an SEO-driven environment
- Deep curiosity about the latest SEO tools, libraries and industry trends
- A thorough understanding of factors which influence rankings, search indexing, and display within search engines
- Ability to take the impact of website performance and UX into consideration
- Desire for technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies
- Highly proficiency with SEO analysis and tracking tools
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to excel in a data-driven environment
- Superior communication skills with a track record of delivering results
- Ability to influence without authority and deliver results in fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical field, or equivalent experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Project Manager | FanSided
Time Inc., Scottsdale, AZ
Freelance Product Designer, Marketplace
Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA
Director of eCommerce Production
Director, Raw Materials
Outdoor Voices, Austin, TX
Product Engineer (Japan)