Sr. Software Development Engineer - Front End
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
We Bring People Together to Discover Value
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 50+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Front End software engineer to join our fast growing team. You will have the opportunity to help our growing team across a wide variety of features and technologies, and your work will help millions of users find value locally.
- You will help create and deliver new web experiences for OfferUp using web technologies such as AngularJS, React and Django
- Work with a strong team of developers where you will provide mentorship where needed
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement new features
- You will help maintain existing applications
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- 7+ years of experience front-end web development
- Experience leading teams/mentoring other engineers
- Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- You should have experience developing cross-platform and cross-browser websites.
- Experience working on Single Page Application (SPA), APIs, architectural patterns and graphic editing software
- Experience in distributed version control system e.g. Git
- Excellent communication skill, ability to work independently or work with a cross-functional team
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- SEO experience is a plus
Nice to have
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, Bower, bundler system, NodeJS, Python, PHP, Selenium, Gulp, webpack
- Experience with Mobile Web Development
- E-commerce and CMS website experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hybris Commerce Development Lead
Accenture, IL - Chicago, USA
Senior Software Developer
Software Engineer - Data
Bench, Vancouver HQ
Ionospheric Program Manager
Senior Cloud Architect
Cherwell Software, Colorado Springs, CO
Software Entwicklerin (m/w)