Sr. User Experience Designer
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
We Bring People Together to Discover Value
OfferUp’s mission is to build the largest, simplest and most trustworthy local marketplace. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $20+ Billion In Transactions in 2017
- Geekwire App of Year
- 35+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp design team is looking for a highly experienced Senior UX Designer to bring fresh ideas and insights to help evolve the OfferUp experience. You are someone with a desire for creating elegant UX that delights our customers with simplicity - making them come back to OfferUp over and over again. Your designs will touch millions of users!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Experienced creative UX Designer who creates compelling digital experiences through user testing, analysis, observation, information architecture, mockups, prototyping and interaction.
- 8+ years of design experience with the abilities to lead a project through all phases; closely collaborating with their PM, research, and developer counterparts to ensure execution.
- Obsessed with User Experience where you do the right thing for users.
- Solve user problems through design.
- You will have pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Being able to create user stories looking at business and product goals while translating usage data and real life interactions to simple and intuitive front-end experiences.
- Critically minded, investigative, inspiring, convincing and with a can-do mentality.
- Ability to work with users and subject matter experts to define and understand audience behavior.
- We are firm believers in agile principles - you must adapt to change, opportunity, and deadlines with ease.
- An expert understanding of your tools: Communication, Paper and Pencil, Whiteboard, Sketch 3, Illustrator, Photoshop, Marvel, InVision, Pixate, After Effects, or similar.
- Experience designing for iOS and/or Android preferred.
- Experience building products within a startup is a plus.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
User Experience Research Lead - CDX
DiDi Labs, Mountain View, CA
Design Assistant, Men's Sweaters
rag & bone, NY - Headquarters
Senior Editor (Video)
Peloton, NY HQ
Digital Interactive Designer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Freelance Senior Graphic / Digital Designer
Material World, Brooklyn