OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to join OfferUp’s growing Program Management Organization (PMO). Reporting into the CTO, OfferUp’s PMO is a cross functional group working with Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Marketing, Biz Ops, Legal, and other teams. We drive cross-functional initiative planning in support of successful product and engineering launches, ensure our organization’s strategic direction is reflected in projects, and help provide the means and tools for OfferUp to successfully manage cross-functional initiatives.
You’re flexible, humble, and possess impeccable judgment. You’re equally comfortable conversing with technical people as you are operational people, and thrive in a fast paced environment. You’re great at spotting issues, and adept at managing relationships up, down, and across organizations.
In this role, you’ll help develop processes and tools to introduce effective initiative tracking cadences at OfferUp, and assist various teams to manage projects and launch planning. To be successful, you’ll develop a broad understanding of the business in order to drive scalable processes and to drive alignment. As a Program Manager on the team, you’ll also help identify and implement best practices, provide thought leadership, and support and mentor more junior Program Specialists.
This role requires supporting large projects, managing project timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management, executive presentation skills, and a proven track record of delivering results are essential.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Participate and assist in managing agile ceremonies for scrum teams
- Connect cross-functional teams to identify dependencies and remove obstacles
- Look around corners, ask the right questions, and resolve or escalate blockers
- Capture and manage risks and escalations as needed to drive ongoing progress
- Perform ongoing communication, reporting, scheduling and logistics
- Coordinate reporting, review, and communication rhythms
- Contribute to cross-functional reviews, and engage with key stakeholders
- Capture high level requirements and descriptions of solutions defined and delivered by the program, working with business stakeholders, domain subject matter experts, and engineering teams
- Hold owners accountable for their commitments
What you’ve done:
- 5+ years program or project management experience
- Worked in and managed resources in an agile environment
- Experience in tech, preferably in a consumer or e-commerce product
- Adept at leading solution-focused discussions, brainstorms, and working sessions
- Experience building, coordinating, and maintaining schedules across multiple teams
- Comfortable conversing with both technical and operational stakeholders
- Developed and delivered project documentation, supporting materials, and project plans to internal teams and senior leaders throughout the project lifecycle
- Skilled in written and verbal communication
Helpful, but not required:
- PMP certification
- Scrum or agile certification
- Experience managing Jira and Confluence
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.