OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp’s Head of Recruiting is responsible for cultivating all aspects of the recruiting life cycle. Through strategic development and execution of Employee Experience initiatives, you support and drive business results, foster manager success, and increase employee engagement and retention. As a critical leader at OfferUp, you act as a business partner to the CEO, COO, and the broader executive team, you provide guidance and structure to all employees, and you lead the Recruiting team.
You will organize, manage, and drive the productivity of our recruiting team, and support the individual success of each member. You will create executive recruiting and employer branding strategies. You will coordinate closely with the VP, Employee Experience and executive teams, to review headcount targets. You will actively take ownership to fill key positions. You will ensure OfferUp continues to attract and hire the best talent the industry has to offer.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Mentoring, coaching and developing recruiting team’s skills and manage career development plans and goals. Inspire the recruiting team to deliver results
- Create customized recruiting strategies that scale, lead teams to build quality talent pipelines, and drive sourcing strategy recommendations for critical technical roles
- Collaborate with partners such as people operations, finance and the events team
- Provide thought leadership, set benchmarks, analyze data/metrics, and understand how to prioritize to hit all commitments to our customers
- Develop innovative ways to meet OfferUp’s constantly expanding and evolving recruiting needs and continue to build on OfferUp’s employment brand and create the best candidate experience
- Lead the narrative of what is working and not working with suggestions of how we can switch course and create better outcomes as a team
You'll thrive in this role if you have:
- A passion for metrics: You’re process and metrics driven with a track record
- 10+ year’s experience managing and leading internal recruiting teams
- Ability to assess the team’s workload capacity and delegate responsibilities
- Prefer tech industry experience as a leader with background in supporting Engineering, and product teams
- Proven track record of mentoring a high caliber Recruiting team
- Skilled in ATS management and optimization
- Solid analytical skills and ability to work with metrics, numbers, and trends and the ability to tell compelling stories and make recommendations via qualitative and qualitative insights
- Incredible coaching and development skills and a love for it
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment and labor laws and compliance requirements
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Medicare Advantage Claims and Configuration
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN